Need to dash to other campuses?
College members can catch the free Imperial campus shuttle bus.
During vacation periods, a reduced vacation service is in place. Only the services in bold below will run during this period.
Between Monday 23 December 2019 and Wednesday 1 January 2020, there will be no shuttle bus service due to College Christmas closures.
Imperial Shuttle Bus
A shuttle bus service is available for Imperial students and staff, providing free transport between the South Kensington, White City and Hammersmith campuses on weekdays. Each coach offers free WiFi available on board.
South Kensington: Outside the Central Library on Imperial College Road - see Map of South Kensington Campus
White City: At the White City North car park - see Maps of White City campus and its vicinity
Hammersmith: Outside the Burlington Danes Building - see Map of Hammersmith Campus
Travel timings are approximate. Although drivers do their best to adhere to published timetables, London traffic is frequently subject to delays and disruption, your understanding will be appreciated.
Shuttle Bus timetable - 2019/20
|When does it run?||South Kensington departure time||White City departure |
|Hammersmith arrival time|
|Term time only||08.15||08.45||08.50|
|Term time and vacation||09.15||09.45||09.50|
|Term time only||10.15||10.45||10.50|
|Term time and vacation||11.15||11.45||11.50|
|Term time only||12.15||12.45||12.50|
|Term time and vacation||13.15||13.45||13.50|
|Term time only||14.15||14.45||14.50|
|Term time and vacation||15.15||15.45||15.50|
|Term time only||16.15||16.45||16.50|
|Term time and vacation||17.15||17.45 (arrives)||_|
|Term time only||17.35||18.05 (arrives)||_|
|When does it run?||Hammersmith departure time||White City departure time||South Kensington arrival time|
|Term time and vacation||08.00||08.10||08.35|
|Term time only||08.55||09.05||09.30|
|Term time and vacation||10.00||10.10||10.35|
|Term time only||10.55||11.05||11.30|
|Term time and vacation||12.00||12.10||12.35|
|Term time only||12.55||13.05||13.30|
|Term time and vacation||14.00||14.10||14.35|
|Term time only||14.55||15.05||15.30|
|Term time and vacation||16.00||16.10||16.35|
|Term time only||16.55||17.05||17.30|
|Term time and vacation||–||17.55||18.20|
Conditions of Travel
Conditions of Travel
- All passengers must have a valid student or staff College ID card in order to travel on the shuttle bus service.
- Seats are available on a first-come first-served basis; the seating capacity cannot be exceeded.
- No standing.
- On some services a number of seats will be taken by a pre booking agreement with Head of Department. Please do not use these seats until the driver makes them available.
- Chemistry TA’s must make themselves known to the driver as soon as possible and must present their Priority Pass stamped by the Head of Department to the driver.
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Do not talk to or distract the driver whilst the vehicle is in motion.
- There is a no-smoking policy on all College and Commonwealth Coaches vehicles.
- The services will only terminate at South Kensington and Hammersmith, passengers will be asked to leave the vehicle at these points.
- Passengers are not allowed to remain on the vehicle without a driver being present.
- Dropping off points and pick up points are at the designated bus stops only (see above).
- The consumption of food and alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Please do not litter. Notices or flyers and display posters are not allowed on the coaches.
- Do not play loud music - please use headphones and show consideration for other passengers
- The service being offered is a passenger carrying service only, however transportation of chemistry and biological substances category B samples must comply with the 'Transport of Samples on the College Shuttle Bus' guidance.
Examples of what can be carried in the coach cabin
- small rucksuck
- small sports bag
- small sports holdall
- brief cases
- tennis rackets placed in the overhead areas
- hockey sticks placed in the overhead areas
- a small case that can sit on your lap
Items that must not be put into the coach cabin
These types of items, goods or equipment are not permitted on the coaches, such items can be sent in the internal mail via the post room or couriers.
- PCs and TV monitors
- building materials and tools
- office materials e.g. boxes of paper
- fold-up bikes
- bags of shopping
- boxes of food and drink
- large musical instruments*
- glass objects
*The driver may allow suitcases and muscial istruments to be placed in the luggage compartments of the coach but this is at the Driver's discretion and whether the journey time allows for loading and unloading of these items. All items going in the luggage hold are left at the owner's risk.