Need to dash to other campuses?
College members can catch the free Imperial campus shuttle bus.
Imperial Campus Shuttle bus
A shuttle bus service is available for Imperial students and staff, providing free transport between South Kensington, White City and Hammersmith campuses on weekdays. Following the trial shuttle service, we are continuing with the 35-seater buses and hourly services, and introducing a new lunchtime service so users have a continuous service roughly between the hours of 08.00 and 17.00 on weekdays.
Timetable for summer term 2018 (Monday 30 April to Friday 29 June)
You can download a copy of the new timetable here Campus Shuttle Timetable. NB – only the services in bold will run during vacation periods, please see below.
A reduced vacation service is in place from Monday 2 July until Friday 28 September 2018 as stated above, only the services in bold will run during vacation periods. Term dates are available on this link.
NB travel timings are approximate. Although drivers do their best to adhere to published timetables, London traffic is frequently subject to delays and disruption, your understanding will be appreciated.
Please note that the shuttle bus service is for passengers only; we cannot transport goods, samples or any other materials.
Shuttle timetable from Monday 26 March 2018 (runs Monday to Friday only)
|When does it run?||South Kensington departure time||White City departure |
|Hammersmith arrival time|
|Term time only||08.20||09.00||09.10|
|Term time and vacation||09.05||09.45||09.55|
|Term time only||10.20||11.00||11.10|
|Term time and vacation||11.05||11.45||11.55|
|Term time and vacation||12.45||13.15||13.20|
|Term time only||13.20||14.00||14.10|
|Term time and vacation||14.20||15.05||15.15|
|Term time only||15.20||16.00||16.10|
|Term time and vacation||16.05||16.45||16.55|
|Term time only||17.20||17.50||_|
|When does it run?||Hammersmith departure time||White City departure time||South Kensington arrival time|
|Term time and vacation||07.55||08.15||08.55|
|Term time only||09.20||09.40||10.10|
|Term time and vacation||10.05||10.25||10.55|
|Term time only||11.20||11.40||12.10|
|Term time and vacation||12.00||12.10||12.40|
|Term time and vacation||13.25||13.35||14.10|
|Term time only||14.20||14.40||15.10|
|Term time and vacation||15.25||15.35||16.00|
|Term time only||16.20||16.40||17.10|
|Term time and vacation||17.05||17.25||17.55|
South Kensington: Outside the Central Library on Imperial College Road.
- Map of South Kensington Campus (link to College maps page)
White City campus (Imperial West): Outside the Wood Lane Studios Reception.
Hammersmith Campus: Outside the Burlington Danes Building.
- Map of Hammersmith Campus (link to College maps page)
Conditions of Travel
- You must show your student or staff College ID card in order to travel. (We hope that in time you will be able to use your College ID card to swipe on and off these services).
- Seats are available on a first-come first-served basis; the seating capacity cannot be exceeded. No standing.
- The shuttle bus service is for passengers only. We cannot transport goods, samples or any other materials
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Do not talk to or distract the driver whilst the vehicle is in motion.
- The driver has the right to refuse travel to anyone. Inconsiderate behaviour will not be tolerated.
- The service being offered as a passenger carrying service only. No goods, samples or any other materials are permitted on the vehicles
- Do not play loud music - please use headphones and show consideration for other passengers.
- Dropping off points and pick up points are at the designated bus stops only (see below).
- There is a no smoking policy on all College bus services including Commonwealth Coaches.
- The consumption of food and alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Please do not litter, leave notices or flyers, or display posters on the vehicles.
Please contact Alan Castleman with any enquiries or feedback on the shuttle bus service.