Engage in cohort building activities
Receive first class skills training from experts in their field
Become part of the Grantham community
Take on leadership roles through the SSCP DTP
Meet other enthusiastic and talented students and scientists
Applications are now closed for the Science and Solutions for a Changing Planet DTP fully funded NERC studentships for 2017/18.
Studentships for 2018/19 will be advertised in October 2017.
The SSCP DTP offer 15 fully funded NERC studentships every year which include home/EU tuition fees, a London-weighted stipend and an additional consumables budget. Applicants can choose from a number of projects which have been proposed by various Imperial academics and researches from our partner institutions.
Have any questions about our studentships? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
Interested in proposing a project?
- If you are looking to undertake a PhD and there is a specific project you would like to pursue at Imperial College London, you need to approach an Imperial academic who is willing to supervise you. They can then submit this project to the SSCP DTP during our call for projects each August.
- If you are an Imperial academic, we put out a call for projects in August through our departmental co-ordinators. To find out who your co-ordinator is, please contact the Administrator - Education.
- If you are an external organisation and you are interested in collaborating with an Imperial or Core Partner academic to propose a studentship, please contact the Project Manager - Education Sophie at email@example.com.
Aligning to the SSCP DTP
Students due to begin their PhD at Imperial College London in October 2017 can apply to align with the SSCP DTP until August 1st. We have 11 alignment places available. PhD students that align to our programme are treated the same as funded students, receiving the same training opportunities and the same advantages of being a part of a dynamic cohort. Depending on the student's compatibility with NERC's eligibility criteria, there is possible consumables funding available as well.
For more information or to apply please contact the Project Manager - Education Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should be aware that as these studentships are funded through NERC, to be eligible for a full award they must have:
- Settled status in the UK, meaning they have no restrictions on how long they can stay,
- Been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of the studentship.
This means they must have been normally residing in the UK (apart from temporary or occasional absences)
- Not been residing in the UK wholly or mainly for the purpose of full-time education.
(This does not apply to UK or EU nationals)."