Information for Managers
Why recruit an apprentice?
An apprenticeship is an opportunity to grow your own talent pipeline by employing staff who develop their skills on-the-job whilst following an approved learning programme.
Imperial has funding available to train apprentices and a dedicated member of staff to help departments get apprenticeships off the ground.
Nearly all apprentices feel that they acquire or improve their skills as a direct result of their apprenticeship and 76% of employers say that productivity has improved, with 75% reporting that apprenticeships have improved the quality of their product or service (ESFA).
Apprenticeships work well for:
- Hard-to-fill posts
- Roles where skills gaps are anticipated
- Entry-level posts where a new starter might benefit from a structured programme of support
- Posts at any level where training and funded qualifications might help to secure a strong candidate
- Giving staff in your team an opportunity to manage or mentor by having an apprentice on board
Existing staff can also benefit!
Apprenticeships are available at a variety of levels, right through to Masters, and across a range of professions. Keep them in mind for existing staff who need to gain new skills, who are moving into new roles or who would like to do a professional qualification. They are a great way to upskill and engage!
Want to find out more?
- Check out our FAQs for managers
- Come along to an information session
- Contact our Apprenticeships Manager firstname.lastname@example.org