Identity Access Management - Technical Specialist
We are looking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic technical specialist with a focus on Identity and Access Management. This is a great opportunity for a developer or technical specialist who has strong experience of integrating systems across a broad range of technologies. As an Identity Management specialist you will be involved in the design, development, and implementation of our Identity and Access Management technologies and their...
Job listing information
- Reference FOG00276
- Date posted 16 April 2019
- Closing date 17 May 2019
We are looking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic technical specialist with a focus on Identity and Access Management. This is a great opportunity for a developer or technical specialist who has strong experience of integrating systems across a broad range of technologies.
As an Identity Management specialist you will be involved in the design, development, and implementation of our Identity and Access Management technologies and their seamless integration with our whole application portfolio. As a key member of the team working in a Project and BAU environment you will work with the wider team to implement new IAM systems whilst acting in a 3rd line support capacity for related technologies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, build and implement interface applications between external systems and IAM components, using a variety of coding environments and toolsets.
- Manage the configuration, integration and troubleshooting of various technologies to provide support to IAM infrastructure.
- Support the reliable operation and continued enhancement of the College’s IAM service including its related services
- Operate and maintain College's authentication services.
- Provide technical advice to projects on the range of federated and un-federated authentication and authorisation systems available.
- Contribute to the investigation and development of new IAM related products and services.
- Provide third line support on IAM issues, business and technical.
We are looking for a passionate identity management analyst and/or programmer who wants to develop, and are happy to consider candidates with a range of backgrounds and experience. The right candidate will be able to quickly master the technologies we use so we are not insisting on particular knowledge. However skills which will be useful include:
- A strong technical background in design, development and integration of enterprise level systems ideally with the standards and best practices of a large organisation
- Strong experience using Identity Management related technologies including Active Directory, Office 365, Azure, Microsoft Identity Manager, SAML and ShibbolethSignificant (multiple years) experience working with database systems. Experience using Microsoft SQL Server would be desirable.Significant (multiple years) experience working with database systems. Experience using Microsoft SQL Server would be desirable.
- Significant experience working with database systems. Experience using Microsoft SQL Server would be desirable.
- Programming experience using an object oriented programming language such as C#, Java or VB.NET with experience in web technologies such IIS, Apache/Jetty, Tomcat, XML, Json and SOAP.
- Having a passion for harnessing technology and information systems to improve efficiency and organisational effectiveness
Should you require any further details on the role please contact email@example.com
For technical issues when applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident leader
Imperial is a Disability Confident leader
Imperial is working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people