Camera Operator/ Editor
The growing Media Production Team at the college’s Digital Learning Hub is looking for a creative and capable multitasker that can produce, shoot and edit, both independently and as part of a unit. Imperial College London’s DLH creates a substantial amount of educational videos, on location or in studio and are looking for an intelligent and organized film practitioner to join. Candidates for the Camera Operator / Editor position should...
Job listing information
- Reference PRO00245
- Date posted 8 April 2019
- Closing date 23 April 2019
The growing Media Production Team at the college’s Digital Learning Hub is looking for a creative and capable multitasker that can produce, shoot and edit, both independently and as part of a unit. Imperial College London’s DLH creates a substantial amount of educational videos, on location or in studio and are looking for an intelligent and organized film practitioner to join.
Candidates for the Camera Operator / Editor position should have keen interest in raising the standard of MOOC video content and video in higher education more generally.
Duties and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include filming on location and in studio, editing and applying basic motion graphics, audio recording and kit handling and maintenance.
You will liaise with Academics and Instructional Designers as well as within the production team to plan, coordinate and deliver shoots and post-production. From creative input and scripting to working as crew, you would exemplify professionalism, rigour and positivity in your work. You will support the Creative Executive Director in planning and delivering team activities and step in to support projects and tasks as and when necessary.
- Excellent camera operating and video editing experience within agency, broadcaster or in-house team
- Ability to shoot and edit to an industry-leading standard in a high volume and fast paced production process.
- Strong understanding of the various aspects of post-production workflow: from edit to grade, post and sound design
- Excellent grasp of communicating messages using imagery in a clean, well thought out way.
- Demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for the use of media technology in education (documentary making, educational videos etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CC
- Excellent compositional, sound & lighting skills
- Attention to detail and organised approach to creating edits
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Excellent communicator and team player
The contract will initially be fixed term for 12 months. We would like to remind candidates that they will need to complete the online application form.
We will require applicants to submit an online application.
If you require any further details about the role, please contact Robyn Lowe firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Athena SWAN Silver Award 2016
We renewed our Silver in the April 2016 submission round. Recognising advancement of gender equality.
Disability Confident employer
Imperial is a Disability Confident employer