Wordpress is ideal for a public blog. Imperial can offer WordPress with an Imperial URL and branded template design to students, staff and research groups. Terms and conditions apply and there is an approval process when considering a Wordpress URL.
- Filtered search on your specific blog
- Categorisation based on tagging
- Automatic archive of your content by month
- Popular posts based on user views
- Automatic RSS feed for consumption by other websites
- Easily embed video, slideshows and audio
- Access to site statistics via the College's Google Analytics account
College provisions for this app
- Any rebranding or redesign happens automatically
- Ongoing support from ICT, Communications and Development and your Faculty
- Automatically tested for accessibility
- Indexed by all the major search engines including Google
- SharePoint has a blogging feature which is more suitable for internal college communications.
- The college blogs uses a predefined template.
Guides and documentation
- If you'd like to know more about blogging at Imperial, please contact your Faculty Web Officer