Improve your study efficiency
From mind mapping technology to spell checkers, Imperial provides multiple tools that can help you study and work better, faster and smarter.
Use these pages to learn how technology can help you with the following activities:
- Organisation and time management
- Writing, planning and proofreading
- Research and referencing
- Procrastination and stress management
Both Microsoft and Apple operating systems offer a wide range of accessibility functionality features so that no one is limited by the technology they use. Visit the Microsoft Accessibility Features web page or the Apple Accessibility web page for more information.
How to access this technology?
Most of these study tools are available on PCs across College and for download from the Software Hub (licence permitting). Log in to the Software Hub and select 'Categories' from the menu bar, from here choose 'Inclusive Technology' which brings up a list of all available tools, technology and software.
- For hands-on training with our Inclusive Technology tools, attend one of our training workshops for students.
- If you require technical support then contact the ICT Service Desk who can help you download and install the software.
- Diversity and Ability Ltd (D&A) is an external company who have extensive experience and knowledge on the use of study tools. If you need advice or training on how to use any of the tools on these pages, then contact D&A directly and they will be happy to help all Imperial College London students and staff.
Available on College Windows device
Available on personal Windows device
Available on personal Mac
Available on iOS
|CamScanner||No (mobile app)||No||No||Yes|
|Grammarly||Yes||Yes||Yes (no MS Word add on)||Yes|
|Dictation.io||Yes (mic required)||Yes||Yes||No|
|MyScript Maths Sample||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Photo Maths iOS||No (mobile app)||No||No||Yes|
|EquatIO||Yes (Chrome add on)||Yes||Yes (Chrome add on)||No|
|AT Bar||Yes (Chrome add on)||Yes||Yes (Chrome add on)||No|
|Audio Notetaker||Yes||No||No||Yes (Sonnocent link)|
|Mind Shift||No (mobile app)||No||No||Yes|