We encourage our community to develop apps linked to the College’s work and mission and have set up the following accounts to publish free apps under Imperial’s name:
- Imperial College London account
- Imperial Community account
- Developer Program licence: this licence allows apps to be developed and submitted to Apple for their approval and certification prior to being uploaded/published on the Apple app store.
If you are planning to develop an app for cost, please contact Imperial Innovations.
Please note, self-published apps should not use Imperial’s logo and graphic identity unless prior permission has been granted.
How to publish free apps under Imperial’s name
If you are developing an app, please check the following licence agreements:
- Google’s Play Developer Program Policies
- Apple Developer Program Licence Agreement (pdf)
- EULA for Apple
- End User Licence Agreement for Android (contact Digital Team)
The completed documentation should be submitted to the Digital Team via ASK, where it will be assessed by Communications and Public Affairs in partnership with the Research Office, Legal Services and ICT. To ensure delays are kept to minimum please only submit the form once all areas are answered and accompanying documents ready.
Once approval is given you will be advised about next steps to publication.