Equality, diversity and disability support
The Department of Medicine along with the wider College community, aim to promote and embrace all aspects of equality and disability support to confirm that the Department is a welcoming and equitable place to work.
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Centre is mandated to promote and entrench all aspects of equality throughout the College’s communities. The Equality and Diversity unit provides information on the Equality Act 2010, as well as specific information, advice and support for the protected characteristics Age, Disability, Gender, Race, Religious Belief, Sexual Orientation & Transgender.
Mental Health Support
- Imperial College has signed up to the Time 2 Change pledge and has committed to an action plan to raise awareness of mental health issues and enhance mental health wellbeing within the college. This includes training and providing access to a network of Mental Health First Aiders.
- Access a list of Mental Health First Aiders at each Campus (College login required).
- Additional resources, information and support can be found on the College's Health and Wellbeing pages.
- Imperial pledges to take necessary action to eliminate all forms of discrimination, especially direct and indirect forms of harassment, bullying and victimisation. Support and information are available for individuals who have been subject to harassment.
- Information and support can be found on the College's harassment support page.
- The Calibre Leadership Programme is a leadership development programme for disabled staff. It aims to develop and implement strategies that reflect the unique challenges and experiences of disabled staff. It has been designed to address the distinct and often subtle barriers disabled staff face in the workplace. The Calibre Programme imparts knowledge and techniques to overcome and master barriers when operating in the workplace.
- Find accessibility information for College Campuses and buildings via AccessAble.
- There is a range of additional diversity and equality training programmes and workshops available within the College. Further information can be found on the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Centre's training page.