Intercalated BSc programme
An opportunity for external medical and veterinary students to study at Imperial College London
1 year full-time
24 September 2018
If you are studying at another UK or Irish medical or veterinary school, you can apply to join Imperial College London for one year to join our School's integrated BSc programme. There are many advantages to the intercalated BSc programme:
- World class experience - Students are exposed to research at the cutting edge of the discipline studied
- Teaching and project supervision - Delivered by world leaders in biomedical research
- Opportunities to publish - Many students have obtained publications as a result of their BSc project and some have gone on to present their research at conferences
The intercalated BSc programme offers 14 different pathways or specialities. Explore the links below for further information on each pathway:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Global Health
- Humanities, Philosophy and Law
- Immunity and Infection
- Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Reproductive and Developmental Sciences
- Respiratory Science
- Surgery and Anaesthesia
Selection is based on three supporting documents of equal weighting:
- Academic transcript covering your marks (from university) up to and including 2016-17 There is no official cut-off for academic performance but students who are accepted onto our courses are generally on track to achieve a 2.1 or higher.
- One academic reference from an academic member of staff at your university (GPs can become referees but are not preferred). You will be asked to provide the contact details of your referee in the application form. The referee will then be emailed to request a reference. It is your responsibility to make sure your referee does submit a reference by the submission deadline.
- Personal statement explaining why you have chosen to apply for a particular BSc course, why you think you should be selected for it, how the BSc relates to your interests in medical science and future career goals.
Second round of applications
Applicants who are not offered a place on the course to which they initially apply or are placed on the waiting list for that course will be given the opportunity to apply for any of our intercalated BSc courses with spaces remaining.
The deadline for applications is 16:00 on Friday 9 March 2018.
More information about applying for/undertaking an intercalated BSc course at Imperial College London and also the structure of our courses can be found in the downloadable Intercalated BSc Guide (PDF).
The 2018/19 BSc dates for School of Medicine intercalated BSc pathways can be found here: Imperial College School of Medicine Intercalated BSc Dates 2018-19 (PDF)
Students taking BSc Management or BSc Biomedical Engineering, please note that your course will follow the standard Imperial College term dates.
If you have any other queries, please email the Faculty Education Office (BSc Team) at email@example.com.
Intercalated BSc Science Fair
The Intercalated BSc Science Fair is a biannual event held for prospective students looking to join our Intercalated BSc Programme. Choosing the right course of study for your BSc is very important. The Science Fair is an opportunity for you to meet BSc Pathway Leaders, Module Leaders and current students so that you can make an informed decision when applying for an Intercalated BSc at Imperial College London - find out more about the fair.