MRCPCH Part 2 Clinical Course
Preparing candidates for their MRCPCH Clinical Examination since 1997
3 days in total
- Day 1: 24 Sept 2016
- Day 2: 1 Oct 2016
- Day 3: 2 Oct 2016
Please see 'payment arrangements'
St Mary's Hospital
The Imperial College MRCPCH Part 2 Clinical Course has been running since 1997 in order to prepare candidates for their MRCPCH Clinical Examination. It is held three times per year, four to six weeks prior to the exam dates. The course consists of three days of intensive small-group clinical teaching, held over two consecutive weekends.
Day 1 focuses on cardiology and communication skills and is held at Crawley hospital. Days 2 and 3 are held at St Mary's campus, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London.
The majority of the teaching is done in groups of just four candidates, each facilitated by an experienced tutor. The number of candidates is restricted to 32 to ensure the highest quality educational experience and content. This means that the course gets fully booked very early, so you will need to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Key components of the course
- Clinical examination stations covering all the major systems
- Developmental assessment stations
- Communication Skills roleplay stations
- History Taking and Management Planning stations
- Double-length video scenario practice
- Mock examination with replication of exam timings
- Small group teaching with individualised feedback from experienced tutors
- Exam technique teaching
Day 1 focuses primarily on cardiology but will include an introduction to the exam, examination and communication skills and is held at Crawley Hospital.
Days 2 and 3 of the course are held at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, St Mary’s campus. These will include clinical cases in all systems, the opportunity to practice case exams under exam conditions and a clinical video practice exam.
* Internal candidates please note If you are an internal candidate (St Mary’s, Queen Charlotte’s, Hammersmith Ambulatory Unit, Redhill, East Surrey and Crawley Hospital) please email the course administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for your application instructions. Do not apply via the online application form. *
There are three options for payment, depending on which days (or combination of days) one wishes to attend:
Option 1 - Days 1, 2 and 3 for a total fee of £1,000
- Fees split into two separate payments of £750 and £250.
- The Imperial College payment of £750 to be paid via World Pay with the online application.
- The Crawley payment of £250 must be paid via a cheque – made out to 'Dr M Jawad' and sent to the Course Administrator with the completed Cardiology application form September 2016 (pdf).
- Please ensure you fill out both the online Imperial College application form and the Cardiology application form if applying for this option.
Option 2 - Day 1 (cardiology only) for a total fee of £280
- Paid in full (£280) via cheque – made out to 'Dr M Jawad' and sent to the Course Administrator with the completed Cardiology application form September 2016 (pdf).
Option 3 - Day 2 & 3 (mixed short case clinical teaching) for a total fee of £770
- Paid in full (£770) via World Pay with the online application.