Internal funding opportunities
- The Research Office manages a series of internal funding calls
- The Faculty of Natural Sciences also provides support academics through the "Kick Start Funding" and the "Industry and SME proof of concept funding" schemes
Visit the Strategic Research Funding Scheme web page
External funding opportunities
- Your FoNS strategic research team can assist with applications for external funding agency. Find out more about the main external open calls, or contact us.
- Find out more about funding opportunities from the European Commission by visiting their H2020 funding portal.
- Investigators are encouraged to create a profile to receive the latest national and international funding news by visiting the Research Professional web site.
- All non-commercial funders offer their own fellowship schemes. Please visit our fellowships web page for information on these various schemes and deadlines.
- The College offers its own fellowship scheme which is available to Early Career Researchers. For more information, visit the Managed Fellowship Opportunities website.
Information for Early Career Researchers
Imperial College and the Faculty is keen to provide their full support to their junior members of staff.
Advice and specific opportunities are available to Early Career Researchers and Fellows through our ECR web page.
Post-Graduate Opportunities and Scholarships
The Faculty of Natural Sciences is seeking to recruit high calibre post-graduate students to conduct research in our various Departments and multidisciplinary Centres.
Find out more about our wide range of scholarships and current opportunities.
Industrial funding and corporate engagement
Academics are encouraged to develop engagement with industry partners to diversify their research portfolio and help deliver impact. The Corporate Partnerships team can help with identification of business partners and modes of engagement.
Industry partners can provide direct funding for collaborative research projects, help secure public funding when engaged as project partners and enable access to leveraged funding schemes from public funders such as Research Councils. Some of these funding opportunities are shown below and a more comprehensive list can be found on the Corporate Partnerships webpages.
- BBSRC Industrial Partnership Awards
- MRC Industry Collaboration Awards (MICA)
- Innovate UK: for business led research collaborations
- Impact Acceleration Accounts also provide an excellent route for engaging with end-users and maximise the impact of Research Council funding
The Faculty of Natural Sciences Strategic Research Funds can support engagement with industry partners including SMEs