Postgraduate Education Board
Postgraduate Education Board
Terms of reference
The specific responsibilities of each Board (for its remitted area) are to:
- Consider the strategic direction of programmes (current and future).
- Consider and give strategic approval for the establishment of new programmes and major modifications to existing programmes before they progress to the Programmes Committee.
- Consider and approve major modifications to the curriculum content, structure, organisation, assessment and learning resources for relevant programmes
- Propose modifications to entry requirements to the Faculty Education Committee.
- Monitor the overall quality of provision, receiving reports from SOLE, the masters programme SSLGs, FoM SSLC, and national surveys (NSS, PTES, PRES), and identifying appropriate action in response.
- Discuss and disseminate information and good practice.
- Retrospectively evaluate interventions in programmes.
- To monitor the fair and consistent implementation of the policies, procedures and processes, with particular reference to health and safety, equal opportunities and widening participation.
- To monitor the quality of student support.
- To approve the terms of reference of sub-committees (such as departmental committees), where appropriate, and to receive regular reports from them.
The Board reports regularly to the Faculty Education Committee in order that it can discharge oversight
Constitution and membership
|Dr Sophie Rutschmann||Academic Lead for Masters Education|
|Professor Laki Buluwela||Academic Lead for Doctoral Degrees|
|Dr Duncan Rogers / Dr Anne Burke-Gaffney [NHLI]||Departmental PGT Academic Lead|
|Professor Steve Gentleman / Dr Stefano Sandrone* [DBS]||Departmental PGT Academic Lead|
|Professor Kate Hardy / Professor Tim Ebbels* [DMDR]||Departmental PGT Academic Lead|
|Dr Paras Anand / Dr Brian Robertson* [DID]||Departmental PGT Academic Lead|
|Professor Paul Aylin / Dr Filippos Filippidis* [SPH]||Departmental PGT Academic Lead|
|Professor Dan Elson / Dr Ernesto Yague [DSC]||Departmental PGT Academic Lead|
|Dr Sophie Rutschmann / Dr Tom McKinnon* [DII]||Departmental PGT Academic Lead|
|Anita Stubbs [DBS, DMDR, DID, DII] / Fiona Bibby* [DBS, DMDR] / Celeste Miles* [DID, DII]||Departmental Education Manager|
|Dr Katerina Koutsantoni / TBC* [NHLI]||Departmental Education Manager|
|Hayley Williams [SPH] (maternity leave)||Departmental Education Manager|
|Matt Smoker-Mulhern / Jo Tite* [SPH]||Departmental Education Manager|
|Alison Cambrey / Jennifer Simeon (maternity leave)* [DSC]||Departmental Education Manager|
|Alex Bonczoszek||Head of Business Development|
|Trisha Brown||Head of the School Secretariat|
|Lisa Carrier||Head of Technology Enhanced Education|
|Dr Jo Horsburgh / Nikki Boyd||Representative of Educational Development Unit (EDU)|
|Nick Johnston||Senior Instructional Designer|
|Professor Jeremy Levy||Director AHSC Clinical Academic Training Office (CATO)|
|Luis Pererira||Senior Academic Developer|
|Vanessa Powell||Director of Education Management|
|Dr Jeffrey Vernon||Faculty Senior Tutor|
|Men-Yeut Wong||Assistant Registrar (Quality Assurance and Enhancement)|
|TBC / TBC**||Graduate Student Union Academic Welfare Officer (PGR)|
|TBC / TBC**||Graduate Student Union Academic Welfare Officer (PGT)|
|TBC / TBC**||Postgraduate Taught Student Representative|
*A Departmental Academic lead and department administrative lead is required for each meeting and in case of absence, the alternate representative should attend instead.
*** Two student representatives are required for each meeting between Nov and June, and in case of absence, an alternative representative should be identified to attend instead.
Meeting dates and deadlines
|Committee dates (Academic year 2021/22)||Submission deadlines (Academic year 2021/22)|
|20 October 2021||06 October 2021|
|08 December 2021||24 November 2021|
|23 February 2022||09 February 2022|
|27 April 2022||13 April 2022|
|22 June 2022||08 June 2022|
Agenda items (including papers) should be submitted to the committee secretary two weeks prior to the committee meeting. Papers will normally be circulated to members one week prior to the committee meeting.