Paediatric Blast Injury Field Manual
The Paediatric Blast Injury Field Manual has been created to provide technical guidance for those with medical training. It enables the user to adapt their knowledge to the treatment of severely injured children. The Field Manual has paediatric-specific sections on:
- Pre-hospital care and transport
- Damage control resuscitation, surgery and intensive care
- Surgery (thoraco-abdominal, limb, burns)
- Neurological injury
- Ward care
- Psychosocial support
- Ethics and safeguarding
The Field Manual is also intended for use by anyone who is required to plan for the treatment of severely injured children, so they can see the resources, training and equipment that is required in a medical facility likely to receive blast injured children.
- Download a copy of the Field Manual (English) (PDF)
- Download a copy of the Field Manual (Arabic) (PDF)
- Download a copy of the Field Manual (Dari) (PDF)
- Download a copy of the Field Manual (Francophone/French) (PDF)
- Download a copy of the Field Manual (Pashtun) (PDF)
If you would are interested in obtaining hard copies of the Field Manual for you or your organisation, or if you have any feedback or amendments, please contact us.
If you are a member of the UK NHS, please contact Dr Paul Reavley.