2022-23 term dates and College closures
- Autumn term: 1 October: 16 December 2022
- Spring term: 7 January 2023 - 24 March 2023
- Summer term: 29 April 2023 - 30 June 2023
View full term dates and College closure dates
Support services for staff
Imperial College has a number of staff networks and groups that aim to encourage collaborative working, knowledge sharing, and opportunities for both development and social engagement.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion networks
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion staff networks provide an opportunity for people to share their views on and engage in events and activities that foster an inclusive culture, which improves the working environment for everyone.
- Able@imperial is open to all disabled staff, staff who support disabled dependents, and staff interested in disability in the workplace.
- Imperial 600 is the network for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender staff (LGBT) and postgraduates. Straight allies are also welcome.
- Imperial as One is open to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff and those with an interest in race equality.
Other staff networks
- Postdoc and fellows networks - there are a number of networks and groups that postdoc and fellows can engage with that aim to encourage collaborative working, knowledge sharing, and opportunities for both development and social engagement.
- CHERSNet promotes educational enquiry and supports the development and dissemination of educational scholarship at Imperial.
- Communications networks brings people who have a role in communications together.
- The PA & Administrator Network offers networking opportunities, support and development for all staff who perform a PA or administrative function as part of their role.
- The Imperial Technicians’ Network aims to build links, explore areas of common ground and highlight opportunities for personal and professional development.
- The Operational Improvement Community of Practice creates a place for knowledge sharing, collaboration, support and guidance for staff involved in Business Improvement activities.
Wellbeing and development
There are a wealth of services and resources available to staff to promote good wellbeing and development.
- Health and wellbeing - your one stop shop on how to live well and work well.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion - equality, diversity and inclusion at Imperial, including support, activities and resources for our staff and students.
- Safety on campus - everything you need to know about staying safe on campus.
- Occupational health - supporting staff to create a safe and healthy workplace.
- Report and Support - report acts of bullying, harassment, discrimination and sexual misconduct.
- Join a trade union - how to join one of the three trade unions available to staff.
- Staff Supporters - an initiative that can help all staff access the support and guidance they need.
- Staff training and development opportunities to further your development.
- Personal Review and Development Plan (PRDP) guidance to staff and managers on the annual PRDP process.
- Staff benefits - explore the range of financial and non-financial staff benefits. These include exclusive loans and money-saving offers, as well as a variety of non-financial benefits.
HR and Finance
The Human Resources and Finance divisions provide a range of services and information to staff at the College.
- Salary scales - view the different salary scales at Imperial
- Annual leave - book annual leave, view Imperial's leave policy and more.
- Perks at work benefit scheme offers great discounts and other deals on popular retailers and other organisations.
- College closure days - find out when the College is closed during the year.
- Pensions - Information on Imperial's pension schemes
- Recruitment and promotions - how to recruit or promote staff.
- Ask the Staff Hub to support you with enquiries and requests you have about working at Imperial.
- Jobs - check for job vacancies at the College.
- Staff training and development - the People and Organisational Development team offer opportunities to further your development.
View more on the Human Resources section of the website.
- Check your payslips via MyImperial - check your most recent or past payslips and P60s.
- Expense claims - everything you need to know about how to claim expenses.
- Preferred suppliers - how to order, and the purchasing procedures when using Imperial's preferred suppliers.
- Procurement category codes to use for ordering different goods and services.
- Payroll information - how payroll services work at Imperial.
View more on the Finance section of the website
Academic and research support
Support and information for teaching and research staff at the College.
- The Academic's Success Guide contains materials designed to support you in the various elements of establishing your career as a newly appointed lecturer and leading your first research group.
- The Education office is composed of a group of services focused on students and staff, in support of the College's commitment to a world class education and to enriching the student experience.
- The Enterprise team can support you to turn your research into benefits for society.
- Educational Development Unit offers a broad spectrum provision that provides a needs-based and timely approach to the educational development of all who teach Imperial students.
- Scholarly communication team helps the Imperial community to communicate and disseminate their research and academic work.
- Quality assurance and enhancement framework helps to support departments in fulfilling their responsibilities within both the College's quality assurance framework and the broader national and international context.
- Learning and teaching IT services to support your teaching.
- Imperial STAR Framework - reflect on your experience to achieve fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
- Personal Tutors' guide contains a wealth of tips, advice and tutor and student experiences to guide staff in personal tutor roles.
- Imperial Consultants - connecting academics and researchers with enterprise
Research support for staff
There is a comprehensive list of services and support for staff in the Research and Innovation section of the website.
Estates and Campus Services
Services and information for staff working on campus
- Shuttle bus between campuses - there is a regular shuttle bus that staff can take to travel between different campuses.
- Food and drink on campus
- ID cards - how to get ID card to access buildings and rooms on campus
- Parking on campus - how to book a parking space on campus.
- Move Imperial provides everything from gyms and classes to sports clubs and wellbeing.
- Information for cyclists - useful inforamtion if you are planning to cycle to campus or are interested in Imperial's cycle scheme.
- Security provide and maintain a safe and secure environment across all campuses.
- Recycling and waste disposal how to dispose of, or recycle waste on campus.
- Accessibility - Imperial is working hard to improve access and facilities for disabled staff and students.
- Contact the Customer Services Centre to request an Estates Operations service
- Campuses and maps - information on Imperial's campuses and how to get around.
- Room bookings - how to book a room on campus.
View more on the Estates Operations and Campus Services sections of the website.
Communications and IT
Communications services and support
- The Brand and style guide provides you with the design, branding and editorial tools required to produce print and digital materials that best represent Imperial.
- The Web guide is a toolkit on how to develop effective, user-friendly digital content using Imperial's digital channels like the College website (T4), News, events, social media, blogs and more.
- The Media guide helps reporters cover Imperial College London's stories.
- Communications toolkits provides you with a series of comprehensive tools and resources that will help you get started with essential communications activities.
- Contact the Communications Division contact the Communications Division for help with your communications activities.
- Staff Briefing is a fortnightly email newsletter for all staff at the College.
- Social media and multimedia - find out about Imperial's social media channels and how to use them in your communications.
Find out more on the Communications section of the website
Information and Communications Technologies (ICT)
- Log in to your Imperial email and calendar
- Connect to WiFi or wired network when on campus - how to connect your computer or device to internet when working on campus.
- Accessing services when off campus like VPN, ICIS and more.
- Log in to Blackboard Learn - Imperial's Virtual Learning Environment(VLE).
- Contact the ICT Service Desk to make a request or report an IT issue.
- Teaching and learning - IT services to support your teaching.
- Get devices and software - how to purchase a new work computer or get software.
View more on the Information and Communication Technologies section of the website
Our Imperial Values
What the Imperial Values mean to me
What the Imperial Values mean to me
Our Imperial Values: Omar on Collaboration
Head of Department of Chemical Engineering Omar Matar speaks about what Collaboration means to him.
Our Imperial Values: David on Innovation
Academic Registrar David Ashton speaks about what Innovation means to him.
Our Imperial Values: Nadia on Respect
Research Associate Nadia Soliman speaks about what Respect means to her.
Our Imperial Values: Yasmin on Excellence
Support Services Coordinator Yasmin Ahmed speaks about what Excellence means to her.
Our Imperial Values: Rob on Integrity
Technology Delivery Manager Rob Marsh speaks about what Integrity means to him.
Meet our Imperial People
Imperial People shines a light on our talented community of staff and students, to showcase the variety of people that make up Imperial College London.