Group Finance covers the core finance functions of accounting for and reporting the Group's financial position and performance, both internally to senior management and externally via the Annual Report and Accounts. This includes owning the accounting policies and general ledger controls for the Group; providing technical accounting advice to all areas; and managing the relationship with the external auditors.
In addition, Group Finance is also responsible for:
- the Capital Plan, investment appraisal and post-project review processes;
- the provision of wide-ranging financial support to the College's Endowment and its Related Ventures (including ThinkSpace and GradPad); and
- establishing a Reporting Centre of Excellence to promote best practice in delivering insight to the College community, and beyond, through personalised, integrated and frictionless reporting of financial data.
The team also applies Operational Excellence methodologies to standardise processes and procedures, carry out root cause analysis and fixing points of failure and adopting new technologies to free up time for more value-added activties.
- Accounting policies and guidance on the Finance Knowledge Bank [Internal only; requires College login]
- TRAC guidance
- Annual report and accounts
- Chart of Accounts on the Finance Knowledge Bank [Internal only; requires College login]
- Month-end timetable on the Finance Knowledge Bank [Internal only; requires College login]
- Hyperion guidance on the Finance Knowledge Bank [Internal only; requires College login]
Personal detailsAndrew Roland-Price Group Financial Controller
Send email+44 20 7594 7475
1.08, Faculty Building, South Kensington Campus