About the centre
The Centre for Injury Studies brings together multiple aspects of work at Imperial College London. The Centre has three pillars, each focusing on different aspects of Injury. Follow the links at the bottom of this page to find out more about each pillar.
There are some common themes running across each of the pillars which are the Centre’s Clinical Priorities and Cross-Cutting Themes (see below).
- Musculoskeletal and extremity injury (including neck, spine, pelvis, amputations, foot, ankle, skin, muscle and nerves); and
- Head and brain injury (including hearing loss).
- Mitigation (prior to, and at the point of wounding);
- Treatment (on site, in the theatre etc.); and
- Rehabilitation (on-going after treatment e.g. in the the home)