Prospective postdoctoral researchers
We do not have any postdoctoral position available in our group at this time. If your background is relevant to our group's expertise and work, you are still encouraged to make informal enquiries by emailing Dr Camille Petit. Please include a detailed CV and cover letter in your email.
Prospective PhD students
You are encouraged to make informal enquiries by emailing Dr Camille Petit. A 2:1 or higher degree in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering or related field is typical for our group members. Prior experience in materials synthesis and characterisation is not required but would be an advantage.
We currently have two PhD studentship opportunities (note: to be eligible for support, applicants must be “UK Residents” as defined by the residential eligibility criteria set by the EPSRC):
- iCASE studentship on 'Metal organic frameworks for adsorption-based separations in the shipping industry' in collaboration with Dr Ronny Pini. If interested, please follow the application guidelines.
- CDT studentship on 'Functional Devices from 2D Borophene Oxide' in collaboration with Dr Adam Clancy. Note the successful candidate will be officially registered at UCL while working across UCL and Imperial. A description of the project is available on the Advanced Materials Characterisation CDT website.
Other funding for PhD studentships is available through:
- Departmental PhD Scholarship
- Imperial Marshall Scholarship
- China Scholarship Council
- Centre for Doctoral Training in Advanced Characterisation of Materials scholarship
You are encouraged to make informal enquiries by emailing Dr Camille Petit. Please include a detailed CV and cover letter in your email.