The WOMENinSTEM@IC group was created in 2018 in order to support and promote women working in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
We are the official group at Imperial College London affiliated to the Women's Engineering Society (WES).
Our goals are to:
- Inspire and support girls and women to achieve their full potential as engineers, applied scientists and technical leaders;
- Provide a platform for personal and professional growth (via mentorship, outreach, networking and counselling);
- Improve the retention of young women STEM graduates in the sciences by creating a warm and supportive networking space;
- Increase the exchange of ideas between departments at Imperial, with a focus on enhancing career opportunities of all post-graduate students and staff;
- Facilitate dialogue, connections and collaborations between all group stakeholders (industrial partners, academia, students and staff) and challenging partners to further diversity within their organisation.
Subscribe to the WOMENinSTEM mailing list.