BiOI solar cells
Bismuth oxyiodide is a non-toxic material that is demonstrated to be stable for at least 197 d in air. In solar cells, up to 80% external quantum efficiency is achieved at 450 nm wavelength, with device efficiencies nearly double previous reports. Highlighted by the Royal Academy of Engineering.
Colour-pure emission from perovskite LEDs
Fluorene‐free perovskite light‐emitting diodes (LEDs) with ultra sharp, colour‐pure electroluminescence are obtained by replacing the organic electron injector with ZnO, grown directly on the perovskite emitter from the vapour phase. Paper cited over 200 times.
Semtransparent perovskite solar cells
A p-type inorganic layer (cuprous oxide) is grown over perovskite solar cells, protecting it from damage when sputtering the transparent electrode on top, leading to 24.4%-efficient tandems with silicon. Highlighted in press releases from Imperial, Cambridge, PV Magazine and other outlets.
Blue perovskite LEDs
The performance of blue-emitting perovskites lag behind their green- and red-emitting counterparts in LEDs. Here, bromide-based perovskite nanoplatelets are used as blue emitters, with emission tunable by the number of monolayers. LED performance is improved by reducing non-radiative recombination at the hole-injection interface.
Defect tolerance in BiOI
Bismuth oxyiodide is found to tolerate percent‐level surface defects induced by vacuum annealing. Despite significant changes in the surface composition of iodine, oxygen, and bismuth, the electronic structure and charge-carrier lifetimes are unaffected. This provides experimental evidence in support of defect tolerance in bismuth oxyiodide.
Printing oxide buffer layers on perovskite solar cells
Atmospheric pressure chemical vapour deposition (AP-CVD) is demonstrated as a new approach for growing high-quality oxides on perovskites solar cells. The short deposition times allow higher growth temperatures to be used, leading to more efficient devices, reaching 19.4%.
Perovskite-inspired materials are investigated because of their chemical, structural or electronic similarity to lead-halide perovskites. These materials are challenging to characterise and model, and this article discusses best practices agreed on by 23 researchers from 9 institutions. Highlighted as an example of best research by Chemistry of Materials.
Light emission in perovskites
Light emission is a critical property that needs to be maximised in semiconductors to improve their performance in optoelectronic devices, which includes light-emitting diodes and solar cells. This article discusses recent understanding of light emission in lead-halide perovskites and future challenges. Ranked in the top 0.1% of articles by Web of Science for 2020.
Spatial atomic layer deposition
In spatial atomic layer deposition (ALD), the precursors used in ALD are separated spatially rather than in sequential pulses. As a result, oxide films can be grown under atmospheric pressure significantly faster than by ALD. This book chapter discusses reactors developed, including industrial-scale reactors, as well as the materials grown and their application in devices.
* denotes corresponding author
53. M. Napari, T. N. Huq, R. L. Z. Hoye,* J. L. MacManus-Driscoll.* Nickel oxide thin films grown by chemical deposition techniques: potential and challenges in next-generation rigid and flexible device applications. Infomat, 2020, Just Accepted. DOI: 10.1002/INF2.12146
Invited review article
52. R. L. Z. Hoye,* A. Fakharuddin, D. N. Congreve, J. Wang, L. Schmidt-Mende. Light emission from perovskite materials. APL Materials, 2020, 8(7), 070401.
Editorial for special issue on perovskite emitters. Authors are guest editors
51. R. A. Jagt, T. N. Huq, S. A. Hill, M. Thway, T. Liu, M. Napari, B. Roose, K. Gałkowski, W. Li, S. F. Lin, S. D. Stranks, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, R. L. Z. Hoye.* Rapid Vapor-Phase Deposition of High-Mobility p-Type Buffer Layers on Perovskite Photovoltaics for Efficient Semi-Transparent Devices. ACS Energy Letters, 2020, 5, 2456-2465. Raw data
Highlighted in press releases from Imperial, Cambridge, PV Magazine and other news outlets
50. R. D. Raninga,† R. A. Jagt,† S. Béchu, T. N. Huq, W. Li, M. Nikolka, Y.-H. Lin, M. Sun, Z. Li, W. Li, M. Bouttemy, M. Frégnaux, H. J. Snaith, P. Schulz, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, R. L. Z. Hoye.* Strong performance enhancement in lead-halide perovskite solar cells through rapid, atmospheric deposition of n-type buffer layer oxides. Nano Energy, 2020, 75, 104946. Raw data
† Equal contribution
49. R. A. Jagt, T. N. Huq, K. M. Börsig, D. Sauven, L. C. Lee, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, R. L. Z. Hoye.* Controlling the preferred orientation of layered BiOI solar absorbers. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2020, Advance Article. DOI: 10.1039/D0TC02076A Raw data
Included in the Journal of Materials Chemistry C 2020 Emerging Investigators and HOT papers collections.
48. Y. Peng, F. Li, Y. Wang, Y. Li, R. L. Z. Hoye, L. Feng, K. Xia, V. Pecunia.* Enhanced photoconversion efficiency in cesium-antimony-halide perovskite derivatives by tuning crystallographic dimensionality. Applied Materials Today, 2020, 19, 100637.
47. J. Gan, R. L. Z. Hoye, Y. Ievskaya, L. Vines, A. T. Marin, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll,* E. V. Monakhov.* Elucidating the origin of external quantum efficiency losses in cuprous oxide solar cells through defect analysis. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 2020, 209, 110418.
46. T. N. Huq,† L. C. Lee,† L. Eyre, W. Li, R. A. Jagt, C. Kim, S. Fearn, V. Pecunia, F. Deschler, J. L. MacManus‐Driscoll, R. L. Z. Hoye.* Electronic Structure and Optoelectronic Properties of Bismuth Oxyiodide Robust against Percent‐Level Iodine‐, Oxygen‐, and Bismuth‐Related Surface Defects. Advanced Functional Materials, 2020, 30(13), 1909983. Raw data
45. F. Li, Y. Wang, K. Xia, R. L. Z. Hoye, V. Pecunia.* Microstructural and photoconversion efficiency enhancement of compact films of lead-free perovskite derivative Rb3Sb2I9. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2020, 8(8), 4396-4406.
44. R. Gonzalez-Rodriguez, V. C. P. Costa, G. Delport, K. Frohna, R. L. Z. Hoye, S. D. Stranks, J. L. Coffer.* Structural and spectroscopic studies of a nanostructured silicon–perovskite interface. Nanoscale, 2020, 12(7), 4498-4505.
43. Y. Li, R. L. Z. Hoye,* H.-H. Gao, L. Yan, X. Zhang, Y. Zhou, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll,* J. Gan.* Over 20% Efficiency in Methylammonium Lead Iodide Perovskite Solar Cells with Enhanced Stability via “in Situ Solidification” of the TiO2 Compact Layer. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2020, 12(6), 7135-7143.
42. M. Napari,* T. N. Huq, T. Maity, D. Gomersall, K. M. Niang, A. Barthel, J. E. Thompson, S. Kinnunen, K. Arstila, T. Sajavaara, R. L. Z. Hoye, A. J. Flewitt, J. L. MacManus‐Driscoll. Antiferromagnetism and p‐type conductivity of nonstoichiometric nickel oxide thin films. Infomat, 2020, 2(4), 769-774. Raw data
41. M. Shin, S.-W. Nam, A. Sadhanala, R. Shivanna, M. Anaya, A. Jiménez-Solano, H. Yoon, S. Jeon, S. D. Stranks, R. L. Z. Hoye,* B. Shin.* Understanding the Origin of Ultrasharp Sub-bandgap Luminescence from Zero-Dimensional Inorganic Perovskite Cs4PbBr6. ACS Applied Energy Materials, 2020, 3(1), 192-199.
40. S. Ahmad,* A. Sadhanala, R. L. Z. Hoye, V. Andrei, Md. H. Modarres, B. Zhao, J. Rongé, R. H. Friend, M. De Volder.* Triple-Cation-Based Perovskite Photocathodes with AZO Protective Layer for Hydrogen Production Applications. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2019, 11(26), 23198-23206.
39. J. Gan,* J. He, R. L. Z. Hoye, A. Mavlonov, F. Raziq, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, X. Wu, S. Li, X. Zu, Y. Zhan, X. Zhang, L. Qiao.* α-CsPbI3 Colloidal Quantum Dots: Synthesis, Photodynamics, and Photovoltaic Applications. ACS Energy Letters, 2019, 4(6), 1308-1320.
38. R. L. Z. Hoye,*,† M.-L. Lai,† M. Anaya, Y. Tong, K. Gałkowski, T. Doherty, W. Li, T. N. Huq, S. Mackowski, L. Polavarapu, J. Feldmann, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, R. H. Friend, A. S. Urban, S. D. Stranks.* Identifying and reducing interfacial losses to enhance color-pure electroluminescence in blue-emitting perovskite nanoplatelet light-emitting diodes. ACS Energy Letters, 2019, 4(5), 1181-1188. Raw data (with supporting information)
37. B. Zhao, L. C. Lee, L. Yang, A. J. Pearson, H. Lu, X.-J. She, L. Cui, K. H. L. Zhang, R. L. Z. Hoye, A. Karani, P. Xu, A. Sadhanala, N. C. Greenham, R. H. Friend, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll,* D. Di.* In situ atmospheric deposition of ultrasmooth nickel oxide for efficient perovskite solar cells. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2018, 10(49), 41849-41854.
36. W. Li, K. Jiang, Z. Li, S. Gong, R. L. Z. Hoye, Z. Hu, Y. Song, C. Tian, J. Kim, K. H. L. Zhang, S. Cho, J. L. MacManus‐Driscoll.* Origin of improved photoelectrochemical water splitting in mixed perovskite oxides. Advanced Energy Materials, 2018, 8(31), 1801972.
35. T. Cossuet, J. Resende, L. Rapenne, O. Chaix‐Pluchery, C. Jiménez, G. Renou, A. J. Pearson, R. L. Z. Hoye, D. Blanc‐Pelissier, N. D. Nguyen, E. Appert, D. Muñoz‐Rojas, V. Consonni,* J.-L. Deschanvres.* ZnO/CuCrO2 Core–Shell Nanowire Heterostructures for Self‐Powered UV Photodetectors with Fast Response. Advanced Functional Materials, 2018, 28(43), 1803142.
34. S. D. Stranks,* R. L. Z. Hoye, D. Di, R. H. Friend,* F. Deschler.* The physics of light emission in halide perovskite devices. Advanced Materials, 2019, 31(47), 1803336.
Ranked in the top 0.1% of Materials Science articles by Web of Science for 2020.
33. B. J. Bohn,† Y. Tong,† M. Gramlich, M.-L. Lai, M. Döblinger, K. Wang, R. L. Z. Hoye, P. Müller-Buschbaum, S. D. Stranks, A. S. Urban,* L. Polavarapu,* J. Feldmann.* Boosting tunable blue luminescence of halide perovskite nanoplatelets through postsynthetic surface trap repair. Nano Letters, 2018, 18(8), 5231-5238.
Paper cited >100 times. Ranked in the top 1% of Materials Science and Chemistry articles for 2019-2020 by Web of Science.
32. V. Andrei, R. L. Z. Hoye, M. Crespo‐Quesada, M. Bajada, S. Ahmad, M. De Volder, R. H. Friend, E. Reisner.* Scalable Triple Cation Mixed Halide Perovskite–BiVO4 Tandems for Bias‐Free Water Splitting. Advanced Energy Materials, 2018, 8(25), 1801403.
31. L. C. Lee, T. N. Huq, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, R. L. Z. Hoye.* Research Update: Bismuth-based perovskite-inspired photovoltaic materials. APL Materials, 2018, 6(8), 084502.
Featured article and highlighted in Scilights, the news service for the American Institute of Physics.
30. R. L. Z. Hoye,* L. Eyre, F. Wei, F. Brivio, A. Sadhanala, S. Sun, W. Li, K. H. L. Zhang, J. L. MacManus‐Driscoll, P. D. Bristowe, R. H. Friend,* A. K. Cheetham,* F. Deschler.* Fundamental Carrier Lifetime Exceeding 1 µs in Cs2AgBiBr6 Double Perovskite. Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2018, 5(15), 1800464.
One of the most accessed papers in the journal for 2019-2020.
29. R. L. Z. Hoye,*,† K. A. Bush,† F. Oviedo, S. E. Sofia, M. Thway, X. Li, Z. Liu, J. Jean, J. P. Mailoa, A. Osherov, S. F. Lin, A. F. Palmstrom, V. Bulović, M. D. McGehee, I. M. Peters, T. Buonassisi.* Developing a robust recombination contact to realize monolithic perovskite tandems with industrially common p-type silicon solar cells. IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, 2018, 8(4), 1023-1028.
28. S. Nagane, D. Ghosh, R. L. Z. Hoye, B. Zhao, S. Ahmad, A. B. Walker, Md. S. Islam,* S. Ogale,* A. Sadhanala.* Lead-free perovskite semiconductors based on germanium–tin solid solutions: structural and optoelectronic properties. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2018, 122(11), 5940-5947.
27. J. Y. Zhang, W. Li, R. L. Z. Hoye, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, M. Budde, O. Bierwagen, L. Wang, Y. Du, M. J. Wahila, L. F. J. Piper, T.-L. Lee, H. J. Edwards, V. R. Dhanak, K. H. L. Zhang.* Electronic and transport properties of Li-doped NiO epitaxial thin films. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2018, 6(9), 2275-2282.
26. F. Bai, Y. Zhang, Z. Duan, R. L. Z. Hoye, M. Trevor, Y. Li, M. Li.* Broadband antireflection property of silicon nanocone arrays with porous sidewalls fabricated by Ag-catalyzed etching. AIP Advances, 2017, 7(9), 095006.
25. A. Polizzotti, A. Faghaninia, J. R. Poindexter, L. Nienhaus, V. Steinmann, R. L. Z. Hoye, A. Felten, A. Deyine, N. M. Mangan, J.-P. Correa-Baena, S. S. Shin, S. Jaffer, M. G. Bawendi, C. Lo, T. Buonassisi.* Improving the carrier lifetime of tin sulfide via prediction and mitigation of harmful point defects. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2017, 8(15), 3661-3667.
24. R. L. Z. Hoye,* L. C. Lee, R. C. Kurchin, T. N. Huq, K. H. L. Zhang, M. Sponseller, L. Nienhaus, R. E. Brandt, J. Jean, J. A. Polizzotti, A. Kursumović, M. G. Bawendi, V. Bulović, V. Stevanović, T. Buonassisi,* J. L. MacManus‐Driscoll.* Strongly Enhanced Photovoltaic Performance and Defect Physics of Air‐Stable Bismuth Oxyiodide (BiOI). Advanced Materials, 2017, 29(36), 1702176. Raw data (with supporting information)
Highlighted in a press release from the University of Cambridge, and featured by the Deutsches Hygiene-Museum (Dresden) and the Royal Academy of Engineering.
23. J. R. Poindexter,* R. L. Z. Hoye, L. Nienhaus, R. C. Kurchin, A. E. Morishige, E. E. Looney, A. Osherov, J.-P. Correa-Baena, B. Lai, V. Bulović, V. Stevanović, M. G. Bawendi, T. Buonassisi.* High tolerance to iron contamination in lead halide perovskite solar cells. ACS Nano, 2017, 11(7), 7101-7109.
22. R. E. Brandt,* J. R. Poindexter, P. Gorai, R. C. Kurchin, R. L. Z. Hoye, L. Nienhaus, M. W. B. Wilson, J. A. Polizzotti, R. Sereika, R. Žaltauskas, L. C. Lee, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, M. G. Bawendi, V. Stevanović, T. Buonassisi.* Searching for “defect-tolerant” photovoltaic materials: combined theoretical and experimental screening. Chemistry of Materials, 2017, 29(11), 4667-4674.
Paper cited >100 times.
21. K. A. Bush,† A. F. Palmstrom,† J. Y. Zhengshan,† M. Boccard, R. Cheacharoen, J. P. Mailoa, D. P. McMeekin, R. L. Z. Hoye, C. D. Bailie, T. Leijtens, I. M. Peters, M. C. Minichetti, N. Rolston, R. Prasanna, S. E. Sofia, D. Harwood, W. Ma, F. Moghadam, H. J. Snaith, T. Buonassisi, Z. C. Holman, S. F. Bent, M. D. McGehee.* 23.6%-efficient monolithic perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells with improved stability. Nature Energy, 2017, 2, 17009.
Certified 23.6%-efficient device is the first entry for perovskite-silicon tandems in the NREL Best Research-Cell Efficiency chart. Paper cited >700 times and ranked in the top 1% of Materials Science articles for 2017-2020 by Web of Science.
20. R. L. Z. Hoye,* P. Schulz, L. T. Schelhas, A. M. Holder, K. H. Stone, J. D. Perkins, D. Vigil-Fowler, S. Siol, D. O. Scanlon, A. Zakutayev, A. Walsh, I. C. Smith, B. C. Melot, R. C. Kurchin, Y. Wang, J. Shi, F. C. Marques, J. J. Berry, W. Tumas, S. Lany, V. Stevanovic, M. F. Toney, T. Buonassisi.* Perovskite-inspired photovoltaic materials: Toward best practices in materials characterization and calculations. Chemistry of Materials, 2017, 29(5), 1964-1988.
Highlighted as an example of best research by Chemistry of Materials, and included in a special virtual ACS issue on lead-free perovskites. Ranked in the top 1% of Materials Science articles for 2017 by Web of Science.
19. K. P. Musselman,* D. Muñoz-Rojas, R. L. Z. Hoye, H. Sun, S.-L. Sahonta, E. Croft, M. L. Böhm, C. Ducati, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll. Rapid open-air deposition of uniform, nanoscale, functional coatings on nanorod arrays. Nanoscale Horizons, 2017, 2(2), 110-117.
18. Y. Ievskaya, R. L. Z. Hoye, A. Sadhanala, K. P. Musselman, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll.* Improved heterojunction quality in Cu2O-based solar cells through the optimization of atmospheric pressure spatial atomic layer deposited Zn1-xMgxO. Journal of Visualized Experiments, 2016, 113, e53501.
17. R. L. Z. Hoye,* R. E. Brandt, A. Osherov, V. Stevanović, S. D. Stranks, M. W. B. Wilson, H. Kim, A. J. Akey, J. D. Perkins, R. C. Kurchin, J. R. Poindexter, E. N. Wang, M. G. Bawendi, V. Bulović, T. Buonassisi.* Methylammonium bismuth iodide as a lead‐free, stable hybrid organic–inorganic solar absorber. Chemistry - A European Journal, 2016, 22(8), 2605-2610.
Paper cited >200 times. Ranked in the top 1% of Materials Science and Chemistry articles for 2016 - 2020 by Web of Science. One of the most cited papers in the journal since 2016.
16. N. Khare,* M. Z. Ansari, R. L. Z. Hoye, D. C. Iza, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll.* Elucidation of barrier homogeneity in ZnO/P3HT: PCBM junctions through temperature dependent I–V characteristics. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 2016, 49(27), 275302.
15. X. Ren,* A. Sangle, S. Zhang, S. Yuan, Y. Zhao, L. Shi, R. L. Z. Hoye, S. Cho, D. Li, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll.* Photoelectrochemical water splitting strongly enhanced in fast-grown ZnO nanotree and nanocluster structures. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2016, 4(26), 10203-10211.
14. R. E. Brandt,* R. C. Kurchin, R. L. Z. Hoye, J. R. Poindexter, M. W. B. Wilson, S. Sulekar, F. Lenahan, P. X. T. Yen, V. Stevanovic, J. C. Nino, M. G. Bawendi, T. Buonassisi.* Investigation of Bismuth Triiodide (BiI3) for Photovoltaic Applications. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2015, 6(21), 4297-4302.
Cited >100 times.
13. A. Sadhanala,* S. Ahmad, B. Zhao, N. Giesbrecht, P. M. Pearce, F. Deschler, R. L. Z. Hoye, K. C. Gödel, T. Bein, P. Docampo, S. E. Dutton, M. F. L. De Volder, R. H. Friend.* Blue-green color tunable solution processable organolead chloride–bromide mixed halide perovskites for optoelectronic applications. Nano Letters, 2015, 15(9), 6095-6101.
Cited >200 times. Ranked in the top 1% of Materials Science and Chemistry articles for 2015-2020 by Web of Science.
12. R. L. Z. Hoye, D. Muñoz-Rojas, K. P. Musselman, Y. Vaynzof, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll.* Synthesis and modeling of uniform complex metal oxides by close-proximity atmospheric pressure chemical vapor deposition. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2015, 7(20), 10684-10694.
11. Y. Ievskaya,* R. L. Z. Hoye, A. Sadhanala, K. P. Musselman, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll. Fabrication of ZnO/Cu2O heterojunctions in atmospheric conditions: Improved interface quality and solar cell performance. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 2015, 135, 43-48.
10. R. L. Z. Hoye, D. Muñoz-Rojas, S. F. Nelson, A. Illiberi, P. Poodt, F. Roozeboom, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll.* Research Update: Atmospheric pressure spatial atomic layer deposition of ZnO thin films: Reactors, doping, and devices. APL Materials, 2015, 3(4), 040701.
9. R. L. Z. Hoye, R. E. Brandt, Y. Ievskaya, S. Heffernan, K. P. Musselman, T. Buonassisi, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll.* Perspective: Maintaining surface-phase purity is key to efficient open air fabricated cuprous oxide solar cells. APL Materials, 2015, 3(2), 020901.
8. R. L. Z. Hoye, M. R. Chua, K. P. Musselman, G. Li, M.-L. Lai, Z.-K. Tan, N. C. Greenham, J. L. MacManus‐Driscoll, R. H. Friend, D. Credgington.* Enhanced performance in fluorene‐free organometal halide perovskite light‐emitting diodes using tunable, low electron affinity oxide electron injectors. Advanced Materials, 2015, 27(8), 1414-1419.
Paper cited >200 times. Ranked in the top 1% of Materials Science articles for 2015 - 2020 by Web of Science.
7. R. L. Z. Hoye, K. P. Musselman, M. R. Chua, A. Sadhanala, R. D. Raninga, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, R. H. Friend, D. Credgington.* Bright and efficient blue polymer light emitting diodes with reduced operating voltages processed entirely at low-temperature. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2015, 3(36), 9327-9336.
6. R. L. Z. Hoye, S. Heffernan, Y. Ievskaya, A. Sadhanala, A. Flewitt, R. H. Friend, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll, K. P. Musselman.* Engineering schottky contacts in open-air fabricated heterojunction solar cells to enable high performance and ohmic charge transport. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2014, 6(24), 22192-22198.
5. K. P. Musselman, S. Albert‐Seifried, R. L. Z. Hoye, A. Sadhanala, D. Muñoz‐Rojas, J. L. MacManus‐Driscoll, R. H. Friend.* Improved exciton dissociation at semiconducting polymer: ZnO donor: Acceptor interfaces via nitrogen doping of ZnO. Advanced Functional Materials, 2014, 24(23), 3562-3570.
4. R. L. Z. Hoye, B. Ehrler, M. L. Böhm, D. Muñoz‐Rojas, R. M. Altamimi, A. Y. Alyamani, Y. Vaynzof, A. Sadhanala, G. Ercolano, N. C. Greenham, R. H. Friend, J. L. MacManus‐Driscoll, K. P. Musselman.* Improved Open‐Circuit Voltage in ZnO–PbSe Quantum Dot Solar Cells by Understanding and Reducing Losses Arising from the ZnO Conduction Band Tail. Advanced Energy Materials, 2014, 4(8), 1301544.
3. R. L. Z. Hoye, K. P. Musselman, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll.* Research Update: Doping ZnO and TiO2 for solar cells. APL Materials, 2013, 1(6), 060701.
2. R. L. Z. Hoye, D. Munoz-Rojas, D. C. Iza, K. P. Musselman, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll.* High performance inverted bulk heterojunction solar cells by incorporation of dense, thin ZnO layers made using atmospheric atomic layer deposition. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 2013, 116, 197-202.
1. D. C. Iza, D. Muñoz-Rojas, K. P. Musselman, J. Weickert, A. C. Jakowetz, H. Sun, X. Ren, R. L. Z. Hoye, J. H. Lee, H. Wang, L. Schmidt-Mende, J. L. MacManus-Driscoll.* Nanostructured conformal hybrid solar cells: a promising architecture towards complete charge collection and light absorption. Nanoscale Research Letters, 2013, 8(1), 359.
R. L. Z. Hoye and J. L. MacManus-Driscoll. Atmospheric Pressure Spatial Atomic Layer Deposited Metal Oxides for Thin Film Solar Cells (Ch. 10). In: Advanced Micro- and Nanomaterials for Photovoltaics. Ed. D. Ginley and T. Fix. 2019, Elsevier. ISBN: 978-0-12-814501-2
R. E. Brandt, R. C. Kurchin, T. Buonassisi, V. Stevanovic, D. S. Ginley, R. L. Z. Hoye. Optoelectronic devices fabricated with defect tolerant semiconductors. US Patent No.: 2016-0293858. No.: WO201616139A1