Inaugural Women in Academic Medicine (WiAM) Meeting
Wiam – (Arabic) noun: tranquility, rapport, accord & harmony
Female clinical academics are invited to join the inaugural Women in Academic Medicine (WiAM) group which has been set up by the Faculty of Medicine at Imperial College to support and mentor female academics across London.
The event is open to any female medic who has already completed or is completing an MD or PhD
Topic: “How I did it”
- Dame Prof Lesley Regan; Professor of Gynaecology, Immediate Past President (2016-2019) of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Dr Vicky Salem; Clinical Senior Lecturer in Bioengineering & Consultant Endocrinologist
- Professor Liz Lightstone; Professor of Renal Medicine & Consul (Clinical) for the Faculty of Medicine
- Professor Jane Davies; Professor of Paediatric Respirology & Experimental Medicine
- Miss Emma Carrington; Senior Lecturer & Consultant in Colorectal Surgery
This will be an online evening event which we hope will stimulate discussion and offer an opportunity to informally meet other academics and clinicians from across Imperial and London. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is kindly supported by the Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, CATO and the NIHR Imperial BRC.