The Academic Women Association (AWA) is supported by Imperial College through an EDI award, to establish a network for Imperial College women across different academic career levels in the Faculty of Medicine, as a safe space to discuss career strategies and how to achieve goals, as well as overcoming obstacles.
The AWA is pleased to announce our first in person Q&A panel discussion. The discussion will feature female guest speakers from Imperial College sharing their experience and advice on their career path.
- Dr Alexis Barr – Advanced Research Fellow, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Science;
- Prof Charlotte Bevan – Professor of Cancer Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Surgery and Cancer;
- Dr Alison Cambrey – Education Manager, Faculty of Medicine
- Prof Amanda Cross – Professor of Cancer Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, School of Public Health;
- Dr Jennifer Podesta – Centre Manager, UK Dementia Research Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Brain Science;
- Prof Mary Ryan – Professor of Materials Science and Nanotechnology and Interim Vice-Provost.
This event will be held on Tuesday 5th of July 2022, 11-1pm (BST), which will be followed by a lunch and a networking session 1-3pm (BST), and will be held at MSRH building lecture theatre (-2 level) in White City Campus.
This is a registration only event and the number of participants is restricted to 100. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
The AWA is targeted at all women in academic research starting from early stages of Master and PhD students up to senior levels, who are interested to explore different career paths’ in academia.
This session is open to male participants as well if they are interested in that topic.
The Culture and Engagement Committee of the Department of Surgery and Cancer is delighted to announce the establishment of the novel Academic Women Association.