Our Virtual Open Day, on Friday, 1 December 2023, 12.00-13:00, is a great way to learn more about studying MRes Biomedical Research, and all its stream options, at Imperial College’s Faculty of Medicine. This virtual event will include:
- Introduction to Imperial and the MRes in Biomedical Research
- Overview of Streams
- Student Perspective
- Question and Answer Session
The BMR course and its streams will give you the training required to embark on a career in biomedical research. Your work will be guided by experienced staff in one of the world’s leading biomedical research institutions. Two five-month research projects will build your research skills which will be augmented with training in grant writing, technical workshops, and journal clubs.
You have the option of choosing our general biomedical research stream, or one of seven specialisms. All of our biomedical research streams have the same course structure and each stream has its own tailored set of projects alongside a core programme of lectures, seminars and practical classes.
- General Biomedical Research
- Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care
- Bacterial Pathogenesis and Infection
- Data Science
- Epidemiology, Evolution and Control of Infectious Diseases
- Microbiome in Health and Disease
- Molecular Basis of Human Disease
- Respiratory and Cardiovascular Science
Our Virtual Open Day is a great opportunity to quiz our teams and decide if this course is for you. We look forward to seeing you there.