The research process from bench to bedside is long and costly. It also involves multiple partners – clinicians and academics, research institutes, pharmaceutical companies, regulators, policymakers and patients themselves, to name a few.
As our population is growing and ageing, how do these partners collaborate and innovate to address society’s healthcare needs?
The panel discussion will bring together experts across all sectors to examine the following key questions:
- What are society’s biggest healthcare needs?
- How can academia, industry and other partners work together to make best use of their individual strengths?
The event is open to all students and staff at Imperial College London. We welcome your thoughts and questions on the topics above and look forward to a productive discussion.
The panel discussion will begin at 18:00 and will be followed by a reception and an opportunity to meet the speakers.
Join and follow the conversation using #ImperialHealthPanel
This event has been funded by Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd.
Please visit: https://tinyurl.com/Imperial-Health-Panel
Capacity for this event is limited so please ensure that you register early to secure your place.
- Professor Martin Wilkins, Vice Dean (Research) for the Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London
- Professor Deborah Ashby, Director of the School of Public Health and Chair in Medical Statistics and Clinical Trials, Imperial College London
- Mr Reuben Lewis, Research Delivery Manager, The National Institute for Health Research
- Ms Sheuli Porkess, Deputy Chief Scientific Officer, The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry
- Dr Mark Toms, Chief Scientific Officer Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK
This event will be photographed and filmed. If you do not want your image to potentially appear in Imperial / Novartis UK publicity materials, please inform the photographer.