FinTech Network of Excellence
Driving Innovations in Financial Systems
The potential for profound disruption to the world’s financial systems is promised by rapid advances in a range of technologies that includes: quantitative analysis; machine learning; big data; networking; mobile and cloud computing; cryptography; distributed ledgers;
and artificial intelligence.
Realising the maximum benefits of these innovations, whilst also understanding the possible risks they pose, requires establishing pathways for knowledge dissemination and the coordination of high-calibre interdisciplinary R&D between stakeholders from academia, SMEs, large corporates and governments.
The FinTech Network of Excellence has been established to draw together academics across Imperial who share an interest in financial systems and to connect the College to the diverse sets of students, educators, problem holders, innovators, regulators, users and potential research partners involved in this space. Acting as a force-multiplier for its members, the Network aims to excel at:
- Connecting R&D problems to Imperial's world-leading researchers
- Convening stakeholders from academia, government and industry
- Providing a forum for the generation and exchange of ideas and innovation
- Producing high impact insights and thought leadership
- Promoting and enhancing Imperial’s international reputation for education and research in finance