What are the formal steps required for me to access the facility?
- You will need to contact the Facilities Manager, Salzitsa Anastasova-Ivanova. Our engineers will review your design first and then get back with a detailed quotation and lead-time for completing the task. For internal users, you will be asked for a GL account code for the job to be charged to, whereas for external users, a PO needs to be raised before we can start the job. Each job is charged according to the setup up time, machine usage, consumables used and shipping charges. We can also offer design assistance and post-processing.
Can I come and operate the machine myself?
- Unfortunately not at this stage. This is mainly due to the complexity of all the machines involved and extensive training required, as well as other H&S issues. Most of the systems offered by the Centre, particularly 3D printing, offer batch processing, by combining all the jobs submitted and thoroughly checked by our experienced design engineers, we can ensure the facility is run seamlessly and efficiently.
Do you offer special rates to academic research projects?
- All research related projects by academic research institutions will automatically receive a discount and we only charge direct costs involved.
The design I have got is highly confidential, are there potential risks involved?
- We have clear guidelines on confidentiality and user IP protection in place.
Do you offer consultancy service?
- Yes, we offer a range of services to both academic and industrial partners from 3D design, rapid-prototyping, to equipment access. Please contact our Facilities Manager Sazitsa Anastasova-Ivanova for more information.