The purpose of the EPSRC funded Human-Like Computing Network+ is to support the development of a UK-wide multi-disciplinary community of researchers within the EPSRC Priority area of Human-Like Computing (HLC). The Network will have an overall budget of £1.64M over five years and will support Kick-Start studies, travel grants, international HLC workshops and HLC resources and websites. The Network fits within the EPSRC national priority areas of a) New and Emerging areas, b) People at the Heart of ICT, c) Cross-Disciplinarity and Co-Creation and d) Safe and Secure ICT.
Human-Like Computing (HLC) research aims to endow machines with human-like perceptual, reasoning and learning abilities which support collaboration and communication with human beings. Such abilities should support computers in interpreting the aims and intentions of humans based on learning and accumulated background knowledge.
The development of computer systems which exhibit truly human-like computing and co-operative properties will require sustained inter-disciplanary collaboration between disparate and largely disconnected research communities within AI and Psychology. The proposed Network is needed in order to forge a new UK-based scientific community involving collaboration between leading groups in these disciplines. The Network will build on the successful interactions of leading AI and Psychology groups represented at the EPSRC workshop on Human-Like Computing meeting (Bristol, 17-18 February 2016) and the EPSRC funded Machine Intelligence 20 workshop on Human-Like Computing (Cumberland Lodge, 23-25 October 2016).
- [15/11/2021] 2nd International Joint Conference on Learning & Reasoning (IJCLR 2022)
- [15/11/2021] Sixth issue of the HLC Newsletter
- [31/03/2021] Fifth issue of the HLC Newsletter
- [08/03/2021] 4th year calls are open - Deadline: 7th May 2021 Extended until 31st May 2021
- [30/01/2021] Human-Like Machine Intelligence Book (in press)
- [19/11/2020] Forth issue of the HLC Newsletter
- [06/07/2020] Third issue of the HLC Newsletter
- [19/03/2020] 3rd year calls are open - Deadline: 19th May 2020 Extended until 26th May 2020 at 12 noon.
- [31/07/2019] 2nd /3rd year call for kick-start grant proposals - Deadline: 31st Oct 2019
- [24/05/2019] The deadline for MI21-HLC abstract submission was extended until 4th June.
- [18/03/2019] Call for HLC Machine Intelligence Workshop (MI21-HLC 2019) - New deadline: Mon 20th May 2019
- [20/02/2019] Call for HLC Third Wave of AI Workshop (3AI-HLC 2019)
- [20/02/2019] Second issue of the HLC Newsletter
- [15/02/2019] 2nd year call for kick-start grant proposals - New deadline: Mon 13th May 2019
- [15/02/2019] 2nd year call for travel grant proposals - New deadline: Mon 13th May 2019
- [15/02/2019] 2nd year call for industrial engagement funding proposals - New deadline: Mon 13th May 2019
- [15/02/2019] 2nd year call for Innovate UK grant submission endorsement proposals - New deadline: Mon 13th May 2019
- [15/02/2019] 2nd year call for EPSRC grant submission endorsement proposals - New deadline: Mon 13th May 2019
- [13/12/2018] First issue of the HLC Newsletter
- [11/05/2018] Updated instructions regarding the Kick-start grant proposals for 2018
- [02/05/2018] Instructions regarding the Kick-start grant proposals for 2018
23 November 2023Imperial researchers win European grants worth €4million euros
23 November 2023Imperial leads accelerator initiative to turn AI research into new…
17 November 2023New AI tool detects up to 13% more breast cancers than humans alone