Hands-on NMR Spectroscopy for Metabolic Profiling
Dr Beatriz Jiménez, Ph.D.
MRC-NIHR National Phenome Centre
This week-long course will describe from both theoretical and practical point of views, how to carry on an NMR based metabolic profiling project. It will cover study design, sample preparation, NMR spectrometer set up, quality control, data analysis, and metabolite identification.
Each day focuses on one of the aspects of metabolic profiling and it also includes a case study to help you think of pros and cons of potential projects and aspects to consider when applying for funding.
Please note: This course will take place in person on our Hammersmith campus and the number of participants is limited to ensure maximum interaction with lecturers and trainers.
- NMR-based Metabolomic Profiling Applications
- NMR Theory
- Sample Preparation Workshop
- Practical Spectrometer Set-up.
- NMR-based Metabolomic Study Workflow
- NMR Experiment Interpretation
- Experimental Design for a Metabolomic Study
- Practical Data QC
- 2D NMR experimental Set-up.
- Introduction to Chemometrics and Data Analysis.
- Metabolite Identification Strategies
- Statistical Tools for Data Analysis and Metabolite ID
- Analytical Tools for Metabolite ID
- 2D NMR Experiment Interpretation
- Tips and tricks including trouble shooting
- Targeted Analysis approaches
- Hands-on NMR Metabolomics Experimental Design.