How will my privacy be maintained?
Your participation in our research will be kept strictly confidential. From the beginning of your involvement, you will be given a participant identification number and only this number, NOT your name, will label your completed questionnaires, genetic information and other data you provide.
- The documents and data will be stored securely at the Imperial Clinical Research Facility (ICRF) and/or Imperial College London. It will only be accessible to authorised individuals.
- Your data will be kept anonymous and confidential under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and your name will not appear anywhere in any publication or description of our findings.
- Personal data and unidentifiable research data will be kept for up to 10 years on encrypted hard-drives in Imperial College London. Unidentifiable genetic information will be stored on the secured, password-protected, DnaNudge Cloud where it will be used to determine your DNA-based dietary guidelines. If you would like to continue to use the DnaNudge App after the trial has ended, the data will remain on the DnaNudge Cloud. However, if you would like your data to be deleted from the DnaNudge Cloud, you can request this at any time. We will have access to anonymised log history (the items you have scanned) from the DnaNudge App. We do not collect any other information from your phone and the App will not be connected to any other network.
- Your personal health information will be handled by the study team in a confidential manner. Anonymised data will be shared with DnaNudge Ltd., to facilitate the provision of DNA-based dietary recommendations.
- With your permission, we will inform your GP that you are taking part in the study.