Strategy in actionMore articles
19 February 2021How mouse brains reorganise old memories when new ones are laid down
18 February 2021Touchdown! Life-searching Perseverance rover lands on Mars
Foundations and Peoples columns
- We will maintain world-class core academic disciplines, continuing to specialise in science, engineering, medicine and business. All research and education must be underpinned by a deep understanding of the fundamentals.
- We will be transdisciplinary. Only by bringing together expertise from different disciplines can we solve today’s global challenges.
- We will deliver a world-class educational experience. Our Learning and Teaching Strategy sets out our ambition to deliver a world-class educational experience which is research based, student-centred, evidence-based, inclusive and diverse, outward-looking and technology enhanced.
- We will translate ideas into impactful solutions through entrepreneurship, partnering with business, NGOs and government, providing services to harness the value of our world-leading research.
- We will build a supportive, diverse, inclusive and highly motivated staff community across all disciplines, functions and activities. This will help us to attract and retain the talented and diverse staff we need to achieve our mission.
We will enrich the student experience in partnership with Imperial College Union. Creating an environment in which all students feel a sense of belonging and are active participants in a community will enhance the overall student experience and allow students to thrive.We will build strong relationships with our alumni and friends. This lifelong exchange of ideas and support benefits all of us.
Partners and Enablers columns
- We will strengthen collaboration with business, academia, and non-profit, healthcare and government institutions across the globe. No university can achieve excellence or realise the full benefits of its work by itself.
- We will inform decision makers to influence policy. Our excellence, breadth of knowledge, connections and London location allow us to bring together and inform key decision makers in governments and industries for the benefit of society.
- We will empower society through meaningful engagement and dialogue. A key part of our mission is to make our work accessible, relevant and responsive to the needs and insights of society.
- We will strengthen and diversify our revenues. Delivering our mission requires investment in our staff, students and facilities.
- We will provide professional support, consistent processes and appropriate technology for all of our staff and students, the pursuit of excellence in research and education requires excellence in all that we do.
- We will act courageously and innovatively when pursuing new opportunities. We need to take academic and financial risks to sustain excellence in research and education.