Our vision is to bring systems engineering and innovation to civil infrastructure.
Systems engineering is “an interdisciplinary approach and means to enable the realization of successful systems” (INCOSE 2017)
Projects are interventions into infrastructure systems. Project delivery is being transformed through the use of digital information and new manufacturing approaches. Interdependencies across infrastructure sectors, such as transport, water, energy and buildings, are important to a smart and sustainable built environment. To realise the potential to improve
overall performance across new and existing infrastructure, it is important to take a systems approach to understanding projects as interventions.
Current and Past projects:
- Systems Engineering Leadership course September 2019, - Previously run in March 2019
- Design for Manufacture and Assembly and Integrated Digital Delivery (DfMA and IDD) Programme, June 2019, - Previously run in November 2018, March 2018
- Teaching - Innovation in Civil Engineering
- Teaching - Business and Project Management
- Annual Industry Showcase event 2019, - Previosuly run in 2018, 2017
- Newsletters - Summer 2019, Autumn 2018, Spring 2018
- Distinguished lecture 2017 - Professor Raymond E. Levitt, Stanford University
- Our brochure
The Centre for Systems Engineering and Innovation is based on the 4th floor of the Skempton Building, Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus. To get in touch please contact Centre Administrator Tim Gordon, firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)20 7594 5031