International Bus Benchmarking Group
The Bus Benchmarking Group is a programme of international benchmarking of bus operations and public transport. It is made up of a consortium of sixteen bus organisations: TMB (Barcelona), STIB/MIVB (Brussels), Dublin Bus, IETT (Istanbul), RapidKL (Kuala Lumpur), Carris (Lisbon), London Buses, STM (Montreal), Mosgortrans (Moscow), NYCT and MTA Bus (New York), RATP (Paris), KCMT (Seattle), Singapore SMRT, Sydney Buses and Vancouver CMBC.
The objectives of the International Bus Benchmarking Group are to:
- Establish a system of measures for internal management
- Use the system of measures to identify best practice
- Support decision making within the organisations
- Provide comparative information for senior management and stakeholders.
- All the group’s activities are determined by the member bus organisations. A senior manager from one of the members is elected annually as President and a work programme is developed to accomplish the group’s objectives.
The Group is jointly owned and driven by the members with project management and administration carried out by the TSC at Imperial College London on their behalf. Imperial also provides many of the research resources for the group.
All International Bus Benchmarking Group activities are carried out within a framework of confidentiality. Any information that is released is generally anonymised. No confidential information is allowed to be released to third parties without the expressed permission of the members. All member bus organisations are required to sign and adhere to a confidentiality agreement.
For more information visit the dedicated International Bus benchmarking Group website
American Bus Benchmarking Group
The American Bus Benchmarking Group (ABBG) is a consortium of mid-sized bus agencies in North America that was established in 2011 to benchmark performance and share experiences and best practices.
For more details about the group, including current members and contact information visit American Bus benchmarking Group website