Welcome to the research webpage for the Wilton-Ely group. James Wilton-Ely is a Professor of Inorganic Chemistry and leads a research group in the Department of Chemistry at Imperial College London. He is a former Director (2010-22) of the MRes Green Chemistry programme and also a former Director of MRes Studies (2016-19) and Director of Postgraduate Studies (2019-22) in the Department.
The research interests of the group lie at the interface between coordination chemistry, organometallics and materials science with particular emphasis on metal-mediated applications in sensing, imaging, therapy and catalysis.
James Wilton-Ely can be contacted at: j.wilton-ely[at]imperial.ac.uk
Current areas under investigation include:
- Carbon monoxide sensing in air and solution
- Recovery and re-use of metals in catalysis
- Multimetallic and nanoparticle-based MRI contrast agents
- Biomass conversion to platform chemicals by ionic liquids
- Multimetallic functional compounds