Industrial action affecting transport on Tuesday 21, Thursday 23, and Saturday 25 June
Updated Thursday 16 June 2022
The RMT Union has announced strike action which will affect national rail and tube services on Tuesday 21, Thursday 23 and Saturday 25 June.
The rail industry has introduced a temporary timetable for 21, 23 and 25 June. National Rail advises that there will be a very limited service running on the rail network so please only travel by train if necessary. If you do travel, expect severe disruption and plan ahead.
TfL advises the following:
- On Tuesday 21 June, avoid travelling if you can. If you need to travel, complete your journey before 18:00.
- On Wednesday 22 June, avoid travelling on the Tube before mid-morning.
- On Wednesday 22, Friday 24 and Sunday 26 June:
- Avoid travelling on the Overground before mid-morning
- Check Tube and Elizabeth lines before you travel.
Staff should discuss with their line manager whether working remotely is appropriate. After this discussion, if staff are expected to be onsite, they should make all reasonable efforts to attend.
Services on our campuses
Some services will be reduced, but we will continue to provide key central services next week. The Central Library and Silwood Park Library will aim to be open as usual, but there will be some changes to operations at our other libraries.