News and events
Date: Thursday 20 April 2023
Time: 9.30 – 17.15 BST
Venue: In person (Lecture Theatre 3, 2nd floor, Roderic Hill building, South Kensington Campus) and virtual event
To celebrate the opening of the automated high-throughput platform suite for molecular systems discovery (ATLAS), we warmly invite you to join our launch event. The event will bring researchers from academia and industry together to showcase advances in the use of automation and high-throughput workflows across a wide range of areas, and synergies between high-throughput computational and experimental work.
The program will feature talks from a range of key figures from Imperial College London, academia and industry with expertise in the automation field. We will also offer tours of the facility and opportunities for networking.
Please register to attend, whether in person or online.
More information about the ATLAS launch event
- Prof Julie McCann, Vice Dean of Research for Engineering, Imperial College London
- Prof Kim Jelfs, Professor in Computational Materials Chemistry and DigiFAB Lead, Imperial College London
- Dr Edward Pyzer-Knapp, Lead for AI and Machine Learning Research, IBM Research Europe
- Dr Brett Helms, Organic and Macromolecular Synthesis, Molecular Foundry, Berkeley, USA
- Prof Tanja Junkers, Synthetic Polymer Chemistry, Monash University, Australia
- Dr Luigi Da Via, High-Throughput Automation Team Leader, GlaxoSmithKline
- Prof Richard Bourne, Digital Chemical Engineering, University of Leeds
- Dr Christian Holtze, Principal Scientist Flow Chemistry, BASF
- Dr Sebastian Pirel Jespersen, Scientist, Haldor Topsoe A/S
- Prof Camille Petit, Director of ATLAS, Imperial College London
- Prof Sophia Yaliraki, Director of DigiFAB, Imperial College London
- Dr Ifan Stephens, co-Investigator for DIGIBAT, Imperial College London
- Prof Nick Jones, co-Director of Imperial-X, Imperial College London
- Prof Mimi Hii, Director of ROAR, Imperial College London
9:30 - 10:00| Registration & coffee
Session 1: Opening remarks and AI & high-throughput automation initiatives at Imperial
10:00 - 10:10 | Prof Julie McCann, opening remarks
10:10 - 10:20 | Prof Camille Petit, ATLAS
10:20 - 10:30 | Prof Sophia Yaliraki, DigiFAB
10:30 - 10:40 | Prof Nick Jones, Imperial-X
10:40 - 10:50 | Prof Mimi Hii, ROAR
10:50 - 11:00 | Dr Ifan Stephens, DIGIBAT
Session 2: High-throughput computational work for molecular systems discovery and design
Session chair Dr David Danaci
11:00 - 11:15 | Prof Kim Jelfs
11:15 - 11:30 | Dr Edward Pyzer-Knapp
11:30 - 11:45 | Q&A
11:45 - 13:30 | Networking lunch & lab tours
Session 3: Clean energy materials
Session chair Dr Ben Moss
13:30 - 13:45 | Dr Brett Helms
13:45 - 14:00 | Dr Sebastian Pirel Jespersen
14:00 - 14:15 | Q&A
Session 4: Sustainable polymers
Session chair Dr Lauren Lee
14:15 - 14:30 | Prof Tanja Junkers
14:30 - 14:45 | Dr Christian Holtze
14:45 - 15:00 | Q&A
15:00- 15:30 | Coffee break
Session 5: New medicines
Session chair Dr Vivek Verma
15:30 - 15:45 | Prof Richard Bourne
15:45 - 16:00 | Dr Luigi Da Via
16:00 - 16:15 | Q&A
16:15 - 16:25 | Closing remarks
16:25 - 17:15 | Coffee & lab tours
Registration for the event is free. For planning and catering purposes, please let us know whether you intend to join us in person or online. Note that in person spaces are limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis.
Please use the Qualitrics survey to register.
Note that the deadline for registration is: Tuesday 4th April 2023
For in person attendance, please let us know if you wish to attend a lab tour to aid with planning.
We are grateful to the following sponsors for providing financial support for the event.
Molecular Systems Design & Engineering (MSDE)
How to get here
The in person event will be held in: Lecture Theatre 3, 2nd floor, Roderic Hill building, South Kensington Campus.
The lecture theatre will be signposted from the entrances of the ACEX and Roderic Hill buildings, which is highlighted in red on the South Kensington campus map(.pdf)