The Data Analyst Programme is a 16-month apprenticeship programme, designed for data users and professionals. This collaboration between Imperial College Business School and Corndel combines academic excellence with practical coaching, providing a unique blend of business school thinking and essential skills in machine learning, AI, and data science. The programme equips you with the techniques, skills, and knowledge to generate meaningful insights from organisational datasets that lead to tangible business impact.
Who is the Programme for?
Our programme is designed for data professionals who are looking to gain technical data skills to enable them to make better use of the data they have access to in their day-to-day roles. Participants will come from a variety of corporate functions and typically work in a role that requires them to manipulate and interrogate diverse datasets, ranging from tools such as Microsoft Excel to business intelligence systems.
Please note that our application process is geared towards organisations rather than individuals. We encourage you to connect with your HR Director or Learning and Development lead to explore the possibilities of using the apprenticeship levy to enrol in one of our programmes as part of a cohort. Through collaboration with key stakeholders, we aim to create a shared learning journey that aligns with your organisation's objectives, fostering growth for both the organisation and individual.
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Drive enhanced performance by developing internal predictive and automated insights.
- Conduct strengthened analysis across the organisation through the execution of well-designed and managed analytics projects.
- Expand capacity within centralised, highly-skilled functions by cultivating broader capability for routine data analytics tasks.
- Ensure improved safety and security in the analysis of data within the organisational infrastructure.
- Data Fundamentals
- Databases and SQL
- Data Visualisation and Business Intelligence
- Machine Learning in Industry
- Impactful Data Projects
- Wider World of Data
- Flexible, blended delivery model
- Personalised one-to-one coaching and mentoring
- Group learning sessions
- Imperial-led virtual masterclasses delivered bi-monthly
- Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship
- Imperial College Executive Education Associate Alumni Status
As part of our partnership with Corndel, learners benefit from exclusive access to virtual masterclasses led by Imperial faculty. Leveraging Imperial College's global reputation and top-tier faculty, we offer a unique educational experience for learners enrolled on our apprenticeship programmes. These individually designed sessions elevate the apprenticeship journey by going beyond the core curriculum, providing direct insights from leaders in their respective fields.
While specific sessions may vary, some examples of previously delivered masterclasses include:
- Game-Changing Technologies by Chris Tucci
- Introduction to Data Privacy by Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye
- Climate Finance Through a Data Lens by Marcin Kacperczyk
- Turning Data into Good Decisions by Ruth Misener
Become an Associate Alumni
Take your partnership with Imperial College Business School to the next level by becoming an Associate Alumni. Complete one of our online, virtual, on-campus, or apprenticeship programmes to earn 'Associate Alumni' status and join our dynamic alumni community.