Books and edited volumes
Kalliadasis, S. & Thiele, U. (Editors)
Thin Films of Soft Matter
Springer Wien, New York, 2007. Book cover.
Chapters in books
Falling Films Under Complicated Conditions
in Thin Films of Soft Matter, CISM Courses, Lectures No. 490
Edited by S. Kalliadasis and U. Thiele
(Springer-Wien New York, 2007), pp 135-188.
Thin Films in the Presence of Chemical Reactions
in Wave Dynamics and Stability of Thin Film Flow Systems
Edited by R. Usha, A. Sharma and B.S. Dandapat
(Narosa Publishing House, Madras, 2006), pp 223-278.
- Complexity in active dispersive-dissipative media
Complexity Science Seminar Series, Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Imperial College London UK, 2008
- Three-dimensional coherent structures of interfacial turbulence
Bristol Centre for Applied Nonlinear Maths, UK, 2007.
- Three-dimensional wave dynamics in falling liquid films: formation of lattices of interacting stationary solitary pulses
Programme 'Pattern Formation in Large Domains' Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK, 2005.
- Self-organization of 3D waves in an active dispersive-dissipative nonlinear medium
Mechanics Seminar Laboratoire FAST and Laboratoire LIMSI, Université P. et M. Curie et Paris Sud, France, 2005.
Selected meetings, invited short courses and lecture series
- European Conference on Complex Systems Satellite Complex Multiphase Systems
Brussels, Belgium, 2012.
Organised by Ben Goddard, Serafim Kalliadasis, Greg Pavliotis, Marc Pradas, and Markus Schmuck.
- Summer school on Bifurcation and Instabilities in Interfacial Complex Fluid Flows
El Escorial, Spain, 2010.
Co-ordinated with Uwe Thiele, University of Loughborough, UK and Edgar Knobloch, University of California at Berkeley, USA.
Lecturers included: James Feng, University of British Columbia, Canada, Marcus Müller, Universität Göttingen, Germany, Alex Nepomnyashchy and Len Pismen, Technion-Israel Institute of Techonology, Israel, Julia Yeomans, University of Oxford, UK.
- 2 lectures on Thin Films in the Presence of Chemical Reactions
Applied Mathematics Seminars for Postgraduate Students, School of Mathematics, University of Birmingham, UK, March 15, 2006.
- 2 lectures on Dynamics of a Reactive Falling Film
Microgravity Research Center, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, Sep 5-6, 2005.
- Organized Advanced School on Thin Films of Soft Matter
International Centre for Mechanical Sciences, Udine, Italy, Jul 18-22, 2005.
Co-ordinator with Uwe Thiele, Max Planck Institute, Dresden, Germany.
Co-sponsored by both Udine and IUTAM
Invited Lecturers: Hsueh-Chia Chang, University of Notre Dame, USA, Jens Eggers, University of Bristol, UK, Karin Jacobs, Universität des Saarlandes, Germany, David Quéré, Collège de France, France.