There are two condensed matter theory groups in the Physics and Mathematics departments. Together, we form one of the largest groupings of theorists in the UK working on a wide range of topics in condensed matter physics.
- The CMTH group has several studentships available each year
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- Research Project Summaries
- Postgraduate Courses in Condensed Matter Theory
- How to apply to the Condensed Matter Theory (CMTH) group
- Physics Department Postgraduate Admissions page includes information on the Physics Departmental Open Day.
- The Condensed Matter Theory group in Mathematics have their own admissions procedure.
Note that the Centre for Doctoral Training on the Theory and Simulation of Materials is no longer accepting applications.
CMTH Group Open Day
Wednesday 29th January 2020, 12pm-2pm Blackett 539
The CMTH Group invites all prospective PhD students for a visit. There is a brief presentation, followed by an informal chat with staff and students over a sandwich lunch. If you are coming from outside Imperial College, please contact us (email@example.com) beforehand so that we can better arrange your visit. We can also organise a separate visit to the research group if necessary.