Design of steel structures to EC3
4 - 6 March 2024
The purpose of this course is to explain the background and application of the provisions of Eurocode 3 to the design of steel structures.
The course aims are:
- To introduce the suite of structural Eurocodes
- To explain the basis of the design provisions in Eurocode 3
- To provide detailed guidance on the application of the Eurocode 3 design rules to steel structures
- To carry out exercises on the Eurocode 3 design of structural members and connections
On completion of this course, participants will be able to apply Eurocode 3 to the design of steel structures.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for practising structural engineers.
- General Introduction
- Introduction to EN 1990 an EN 1991
- Overview of Eurocode 3
- Structural analysis and design by advanced analysis
- Design of tension members
- Local buckling and cross-section classification
- Design of columns
- Design of beams
- Design of beam-columns
- Design of plate girders
- Design of connections
- Morning session: 09.00 - 12.30
- Tea and Coffee breaks: 10.30
All participants will be awarded an Imperial College London Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course.