Climate Change Risk Management
8 - 9 December 2021 - Online - FULLY BOOKED
- Duration: 2 days - 4 hours of Live sessions per day (via Zoom)
- Time: 09.00 - 13.00 GMT
- - £770+vat: Standard
- - £660+vat: IRM Members/Imperial Alumni/ IBP Members - please contact IRM directly to obtain the IRM Member discount
- - £460: Low GDP **
The Institute of Risk Management and Imperial College London team up to deliver the go-to practical training course on Climate Change Risk Management. Building on world-leading expertise in the science of climate change, business management and enterprise risk management, this practical course not only allows learners to explore why managing climate change risk is important to their organisation but also how to do it.
No matter what sort of organisation you work in, you will be impacted in some way by both the physical effects of our changing climate and the wealth of regulations and targets we are increasingly required to meet. Be it the meeting of requirements outlined in TCFD or the opportunities posed by COP26, now is the time to ensure you not only understand what your climate change risks are, but also how to manage them.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe what climate change is and why it is important to your organisation
- Undertake a climate change risk assessment
- Overview of international guidelines, regulations and what is changing
- Understand what is required in an effective governance framework for climate change risk management
- Through the use of case studies and scenario modelling, understand what it takes to achieve resilience for climate change risks
- How to embed risk-based decision making for climate change risks in your organisation.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for those responsible for leading on climate change risk management in their organisations, through to those who just want to find out more, including:
- Chief Risk Officers
- Risk Managers
- Risk analysts
- Sustainability experts
- ESG experts
Benefits of attending
World experts provide you with a clear description of what climate change is and why it is important to your organisation which you can share with your own teams. Building on this, work with your organisation to identify all climate change potential threats and opportunities to your strategy and purpose and manage as appropriate. Stay ahead of regulations and targets set by governments and industry bodies.
The course is structured 4 hours a day over two mornings from 09:00 – 13:00 GMT
It will be delivered live online via the Zoom platform with interactive exercises and group discussions.
8 CPD hours accredited by the IRM.
Upon completion of this course, participants will receive a digital certificate jointly awarded by Imperial College London and the Institute of Risk Management.
Comments from past participants
Previous participants were from companies including Deloitte, Morgan Stanley, The Coal Authority and Guardian News and Media.
Very in-depth across the subject. Highly knowledgeable presenters who generated good interaction with attendees."
Operational Risk Director
The expert talks were great and really helped to build a better understanding of climate change risk."
Head of Risk and Assurance
Content was excellent, and well applied to risk management so it was easy to understand and consider improvements within my organisation"
Head of Risk, Health, Safety & Environment