Improving voice: management and therapy for voice disorders
Dates to be confirmed
- Duration: 2 days
- Register more than 2 people at the same time to get a 20% discount on each additional registration
- Venue: South Kensington campus
- Contact us
This innovative course delivered by Christina Shewell MA, FRCSLT, ADVS offers an overview and practical workshops in a range of voice therapy/training approaches.
Specific course content includes:
- Overview of common voice disorders
- Optimising voice evaluation to provide tailored therapy for each client
- Introduction to 7 areas of management and therapy tools;
- Evaluation techniques
- Techniques for care of the client’s emotions
- Practical life techniques
- Techniques for release of excess muscle tension
- Breath techniques
- Voicing techniques
- Mindfulness and Imagery techniques
- Experiential voice and pair-based practical work
This course aims to equip participants with a toolbox of techniques to provide individualised and holistic treatment for clients with a spectrum of voice disorders.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at Speech and Language Therapists, Voice Teachers and Singing Teachers.
Following the course, participants will be able to:
- Formulate a range of approaches to optimise voice evaluation
- Analyse different voice therapy approaches, to provide individualised management plans for a range of voice disordered clients
- Integrate principles of voice therapy with knowledge gained from practical experiential voice work to enhance the 'therapy technique toolbox'