Dr Binoy Paulose
Development of nanopore platforms for single molecule biosensing applications
Single cell nanobiopsy, Nanopore sensing, Tunnelling sensors, Single molecule detection.
Single cell analysis is crucial in elucidating the genetic heterogeneity of tissues and organs to aid the accurate design of disease models and patient-specific therapies. My research at Imperial College is focussed on developing new single molecule manipulation platforms for real-time analysis and perturbation of living cells.
I obtained my PhD from the University of Warwick, where my research was focussed on the development of new electrochemical techniques for quantitative visualization of interfacial fluxes. Prior to joining Warwick, I worked as a Research Engineer at the Centre of Innovation in Environment and Water Technology, Singapore.
- B. P. Nadappuram, P. Cadinu, A.Barik, A. J. Ainscough, M. J. Devine, M. Kang, J. Gonzalez-Garcia, J. T. Kittler, K. R. Willison, R. Vilar, P. Actis, B. Wojciak-Stothard, S,Oh, A. P. Ivanov, J. B. Edel, Nanoscale Tweezers for Single Cell Biopsies, Nature Nanotech. 2019, 14, 80–88.
- P.Cadinu, B. P. Nadappuram, D. J. Lee, J. Y. Y. Sze, G. Campolo, Y.Zhang, A. Shevchuk, S.Ladame, T. Albrecht, Y. Korchev, A. P. Ivanov, J. B. Edel, Single Molecule Trapping and Sensing Using Dual Nanopores Separated by a Zeptoliter Nanobridge, Nano Lett. 2017, 17 (10), 6376–6384.
- R. Ren, Y. Zhang, B. P. Nadappuram, B. Akpinar, D. Klenerman, A. P. Ivanov, J. B. Edel, Y. Korchev, Nanopore Extended Field-Effect Transistor For Nanopore Extended Field-Effect Transistor For Selective Single-Molecule Biosensing, Nature Comm. 2017, 586(8).
- D. Perry, B. P. Nadappuram, D. Momotenko, P. D. Voyias, A. Page, G. Tripathi, B. G. Frenguelli, and P. R. Unwin, Surface Charge Visualization at Viable Living Cells, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2016, 138 (9), 3152-3160.
- B. P. Nadappuram, K. McKelvey, R. Al-Botros, A. W. Colburn, and P. R. Unwin, Fabrication and Characterization of Dual Function Nanoscale pH-Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy (SICM) Probes for High Resolution pH Mapping, Anal. Chem., 2013, 85, 8070–8074.