Engineered nanofluidic platforms for single molecule detection, analysis and manipulation
My research interests lie in the fields of single molecule detection and single molecule manipulation. In particularly I’m currently interested in
1) Engineering multi-nanopore programmable architectures aimed at increasing the amount of information extracted from individual DNA and protein molecules by actively controlling their transport at the nanoscale.
2) Designing novel DNA structures suitable for diagnostics applications at single molecule level.
3) Research and development of new methods for single cell screening; established and characterized a new tool based on nanoscale dielectrophoretic-activated tweezers that enable performing single cell biopsies and thus extracting biological material (e.g. DNA, mRNA and organelles) from specific locations of a targeted cell. Moreover, these tweezers are suitable to accurately manipulate in space and time single biological entities in bulk solution.
2013-2018 PhD in Single Molecule Biophysics. Imperial College London, London, UK
Thesis: Engineered nanofluidic platforms for single molecule detection analysis and manipulation.
Advisors: Prof. Joshua Edel, Dr. Sylvain Ladame
2009-2011 M.Sc. in Micro and Nano Technologies. Joint Degree : École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne(EPFL), Lausanne, Switzerland |Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble (INPG), Grenoble, France |Politecnico di Torino, Turin, Italy.
Thesis: Development of a new device for diagnosing sexually transmitted diseases in point-of-care settings in developing countries.
Advisor: Prof. Samuel K. Sia
2006-2009 B.Sc. in Physics Engineering. Politecnico di Torino, Turin, Italy
Thesis: Experimental validation of a sub-shot noise imaging system.
Advisors: Prof. Marco Genovese, Dr. Ivano Ruo Berchera.
8) B. P. Nadappuram*, P. Cadinu*, A. Barik, A. J. Ainscough, M. J. Devine, M. Kang, J. Gonzalez-Garcia, J. T. Kittler, K. R. Willison, R. Vilar, P. Actis, B. Wojciak-Stothard, S. Hyun Oh, A. P. Ivanov, J. B. Edel, “Single-cell Biopsy Using Single Molecule Nanotweezers”, Nature Nanotechnology (2018).
7) L. Xue, P. Cadinu, B.P. Nadappuram, M. Kang, Y. Ma, Y. E. Korchev, A.P. Ivanov, J. B. Edel, “Gated Single-Molecule Transport in Double-barreled Nanopores”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2018, 10(44), pp 38261-38629.
6) D. Al Sulaiman, P. Cadinu, A.P. Ivanov, J.B. Edel, S. Ladame, “Chemically Modified Hydrogel-Filled Nanopipettes: a Tunable Platform for Single-Molecule Sensing”, Nano Letters, 2018, 18(9), 6084-6093.
5) P. Cadinu*, G. Campolo*, S. Pud* , W. Yang, J.B. Edel , C. Dekker, A.P. Ivanov, “Double Barrel Nanopores as a New Tool for Controlling Single-Molecule Transport”, Nano Letters, 2018, 18(4), 2738-3745.
4) V. Rakers, P. Cadinu, J. B. Edel, R. Vilar, “Development of microfluidic platforms for the synthesis of metal complexes and evaluation of their DNA affinity using online FRET melting assays”, Chemical Science, 2018, 9(14), 3459-3469.
3) P. Cadinu, B. Paulose Nadappuram, D. J. Lee, J. Y. Y. Sze, G. Campolo, Y. Zhang, A. Shevchuk, S. Ladame, T. Albrecht, Y. Korchev, A. P. Ivanov, J. B. Edel, “Single Molecule Trapping and Sensing Using Dual Nanopores Separated by a Zeptoliter Nanobridge”, Nano Letters, 2017, 17(10), 6376-6384.
2) V. A. Turek*, Y. Francescato*, P. Cadinu*, C. R. Crick, L. Elliott, Y. Chen, V. Urland, A. P. Ivanov, L. Velleman, M. Hong, R. Vilar, S. A Maier, V. Giannini, J. B. Edel, “Self-Assembled Spherical Supercluster Metamaterials from Nanoscale Building Blocks”, ACS Photonics, 2016, 3(1) 35-42.
1) T. Laksanasopin, T.W. Guo, S. Nayak, A.A. Sridhara, S. Xie, O.O. Olowookere, P. Cadinu, F. Meng, N. H. Chee, J. Kim, C. D. Chin, E. Munyazesa, P. Mugwaneza, A. J. Rai, V. Mugisha, A. R. Castro, D. Steinmiller, V. Linder, J. E. Justman, S. Nsanzimana, S. K. Sia, “A Smartphone Dongle for Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases at The Point of Care”, Science Translational Medicine, 2015, 7(273), 273re1.