Functionalization of nanopipettes for single molecule sensing, and SERS based single molecule detection
Nanopore-based sensors systems have proven to be exceptionally powerful in detection of single biomolecule. Over the past two decades, many works have been done about fabrication, characterization and application of the nanopores. The main area of Dr. Goel is to fabricate external stimuli (optical and heating) responsive functionalized nanopipettes for enhanced sensitivity and reduced the noise of the nanopore for the DNA and gold nanoparticles detection. Further integration of optical measurement such as Raman with this nanopipette based single molecule detection system.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Imperial College London, UK
Project: Single molecule biosensor
National-Postdoctoral Fellow (N-PDF), NPL, New Delhi, India
Project: III-Nitride based gas sensor
Postdoctoral Fellow, Peking University, Beijing, China
Project: Enhanced evaporation on graphene-PDMS composite
Ph.D. in Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, GLAD & Nano CVD Group
Project: Study of silver nanostructure on flexible and patterned substrates
1. Samir Kumar, Pratibha Goel, J. P. Singh, Facile approach for fabrication of Ag nanorods embedded PDMS film as flexible SERS substrate; Sensors and Actuator B: Chemical 241, 577, 2017.
2. Pratibha Goel, J. P. Singh, Mechanically tuned reflective and conducting silver nanorods; embedded PDMS strain sensor Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 48, 445303, 2015.
3. Pratibha Goel, Samir Kumar, Raman Kapoor, J. P. Singh, Mechanical strain induced wetting transitions between anisotropic and isotropic on polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) films patterned by optical discs; Applied Surface Science 356, 102, 2015.
4. Samir Kumar, Devesh Lodhi, Pratibha Goel, Neeti, Prashant Mishra, J. P. Singh, Facile method for fabrication of buckled PDMS silver nanorods arrays as active 3D SERS cage for bacterial sensing; Chemical Communication 51, 12411, 2015.
5. Pratibha Goel, Samir Kumar, Jayati Sarkar, J. P. Singh, Mechanical strain induced tunable anisotropic wetting on buckled PDMS silver nanorods arrays; ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 7, 8419, 2015.
6. Pratibha Goel, Kalpana Singh, J. P. Singh, Polarization dependent diffraction from anisotropic Ag nanorods grown on DVD grating templates by oblique angle deposition; RSC Advances 4, 11130, 2014.
7. Samir Kumar, Pratibha Goel, Dhruv P. Singh, J. P. Singh, Highly sensitive superhydrophobic Ag nanorods array substrates for surface enhanced fluorescence studies; Applied Physics Letters 104, 023107, 2014.
8. Pratibha Goel, Ganesh Duragasi, and J. P. Singh, Copper (I) oxide micro-cubical structures formation by metal organic chemical vapor deposition from copper (II) acetylacetonate; Journal of Materials Science 48, 4876, 2013.
9. Dhruv P. Singh, Pratibha Goel, and J. P. Singh, Revisiting the structure zone model for sculptured silver thin films deposited at low substrate temperatures; Journal of Applied Physics 112, 104324, 2012.