Interdisciplinary research cross Imperial's faculties
Our sensor research themes cover a wide spectrum from exploration of new physical sensing principles towards practical solutions for sensor applications and sensor integration.
We generate innovative ideas and promote strategic partnerships with stakeholders from industry.
Sensor research at Imperial is distributed over several departments and reflects our multidisciplinary approach for research, education and training.
- Nanoscale sensors for single molecule detection
Dr Alex Ivanov
- Optical and electrochemical biosensors
Professor Tony Cass
- Graphene field effect transistor sensors (GFETS) and microwave biosensors
Professor Norbert Klein
- Nanomaterials as diagnostic platforms
- Metal enhanced fluorescence for ultra-sensitive biosensing
Dr Fang Xie
- Biomedical sensing, diagnostics and imaging
- Sensor arrays with on-chip signal processing
Dr Pantelis Georgiou
- Structural Integrity and Health Monitoring
Professor Ferri Aliabadi
Dr Zahra Sharif Khodaei
- Sensors for Space and Atmospheric Physics
- 2D materials and Wearable Bioelectronics
- Dr Felice Torrisi