How the network is run
How Imperial 600 is run
Imperial 600 is run by an Operational Group of volunteers from the staff and postgraduate student body across the College.
Imperial 600 aims to create a sense of community, help network members advance their careers, and to work to improve the culture of the College for everyone by:
- Driving LGBTQ+ Inclusion: Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion across the College, particularly for the LGBTQ+ community and their allies.
- Supporting Career Advancement and Community Engagement: Demonstrate that sexual orientation and gender identity are not barriers to professional advancement, or feeling part of a dynamic community of researchers, educators, professional services staff, and students.
- Enabling Networking and External Relations: Organise social events and other programming that provides a forum for networking at all levels of the College, and with selected external stakeholders.
- Consulting on Policy Issues: Providing consultative support to the College on policy issues relevant to the LGBTQ+ community at the College, and campaigning for change where required.
- Supporting Intersectionality and Coordination: Crucial to supporting the continuous improvement of institutional culture at College, Imperial 600 is committed to working with the other staff networks, EDIC, EDI Forum, and other areas of the college such as IQ (the LGBTQ+ undergraduate society at Imperial) and department-level initiatives, to ensure inclusivity efforts are well coordinated and working towards common aims.
Constitutionally there are four official roles: two co-chairs, an operations manager and a communications officer. Other roles are filled by members who take on resonsibility for organising events and other projects that benefit the mission of Imperial 600.
Organisational Group members
- Co-chair: Aneesha Bhumber (she/they)
- Co-chair: Simon Levey (he/him)
- Co-chair: Jen Wiseman (she/her)
- Operations manager: Rahmeen Rahman (he/him), Travis Mager (he/him)
- Communications officer: Harry Jenkins (he/him), Kamil Skirlo (he/him)
- Richard Carruthers (he/him)
- Katie Dallison (she/her)
- Jack Halliday (he/they)
- Josh Hodge (he/him)
- James Kavanagh (he/they)
- Jake Symington (he/they)
Imperial 600 is grateful to the community members who contrinute their time and efforts to organising individual activities, and we are actively seeking new Organisational Group members according to our strategy. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Centre advisors
- Kalpna Mistry (she/her)
- Cynthia So (they/them)