Any minor building works or refurbishments which a Department is planning to undertake should be channelled through the relevant Building Manager

All works that result in changes to building services or infrastructure must be approved in advance by the Director of Estates Operations, through submission of a Project Initiation Document (PID)m see below.

What are minor works?

Any building project under £150K.

Here are forms and guidance to assist with minor works:

Please note there are more downloads to the right.

Who can assist you?

Your Building Manager will be able to assist, procure and deliver the project on behalf of the Department or Faculty.

Why is their involvement important?

The Building Manager's involvement in minor works projects is essential as it enables the College to ensure that the following issues are managed effectively:

  • Health and Safety.
  • Statutory compliance (e.g. Equality Act, Fire regulations, Construction (Design & Management) Regulations  2015 (CDM).
  • Changes to the College infrastructure.
  • College Strategy / Masterplanning.
  • Value for money.
  • Time constraints (works may only be able to be undertaken at certain times of the year due to examinations, conferences).
  • Quality control.