Making provision for good communication to take place between the community and the Building Operations teams is crucial to the effective, responsive delivery of our services.
Each building has a Building Manager and an Assistant Building Manager. Their knowledge of the particular building and of the departments operating within it make them an ideal point of contact for building related enquiries and issues.
What are we responsible for?
In order to meet the recommendations set out in Imperial's policies, it is really important that the Building Manager is consulted on the following:
- Locks and keys
- Minor works
What can we advise you on?
The things we can advise on and assist with:
- Building temperature protocol
- Building efficiency - Continuous commissioning programme
- Asbestos management
- Smoke-free policy
- Minor office moves service
- Building maintenance
How can we help?
We provide techical and professional advice and guidance to Faculties, Departments and tenants on:
- Co-ordination and delivery of refurbishment and fabric alterations within buildings.
- The implementation of energy conservation opportunities.
- Health and Safety at work and implementation of emergency procedures.
We work to ensure that:
- Imperial property complies with statutory legislation and codes of practice.
- Planned preventative maintenance programmes provide value and are effectively delivered.
Tell us what you think
Many of our services are delivered by dedicated in-house teams .
Enquiries about each service should be directed to the team responsible in the first instance as they are well placed to advise.
If you continue to experience problems with service delivery, please contact your Building Manager who will be able to assist.