The College is committed to reducing waste and harnessing the benefits of its waste resources
Why reuse and recycle?
By reusing or recycling we are:
- Contributing to the conservation of natural resources.
- Saving energy.
- Helping to protect the environment.
- Reducing the amount of waste going to be incinerated or landfilled.
By law we must apply the waste hierarchy in all cases to try and reduce the amount of waste the College produces. The main principal of the applying the waste hierarchy is to extract the maximum practical benefits from products and to generate the minimum amount of waste. The College apply the following.
- To ensure that we reuse rather than recycle.
- To recycle rather than incinerate for energy recovery.
- To recover energy rather than just burn or send to landfill.
- By applying the principles of the waste hierarchy we will ensure that we do not waste valuable resources. The aim of the waste hierarchy
We will also reduce our impact on the environment by minimising the carbon emissions associated with both disposing of old products and obtaining new ones.
Waste Directory - Dispose of something now...
The explains your responsibilities, what facilities are in place and how to dispose of your resources.