9 October – 10 November 2023 (Online)
Live online sessions: 12, 19, 26 October & 2, 9 November 2023
This short course focuses on the core knowledge underlying paediatric allergy practice and on training in key skills which will be useful for those with either no previous exposure, or only limited exposure to clinical paediatric allergy.
Topics covered during the course will include:
- Week 1: Underlying immune processes
- Week 2: Establishing a diagnosis, skin allergy and respiratory allergy
- Week 3: Food allergy, Rhinitis and hayfever
- Week 4: Anaphylaxis and allergy management guidelines
- Week 5: Drug and vaccine allergy and complex allergy
The course is run online over 5 consecutive weeks and it is estimated that you will conduct 7 – 10 hours per week of guided and self-directed learning, which will also incorporate online group work. There are also planned synchronous online sessions during the course to discuss ideas, present group and individual work and to facilitate further learning.